Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stay or pull out
What do you current military men think. Should we leave Afgan or stay and send more troops? If we stay can we win it over there?
I mean many countries such as Russia tried and failed.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
Define "win". I haven't been keeping up with the specifics, so I don't know exactly what it is we are trying to accomplish over there lately.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
Personally, I think we should continue until some stability is reached but just pulling out and hoping for the best is not the best idea.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
We will have to stay there until we iradicate the whole mentality over there. As soon as we leave, they will just regroup, rearm, and attack us again some way some how.

They have kept together while our military is boots on ground right now! Imagine if we left how easily it will be for them to grow.
Passed (54 SH):
A&I Literature (60) : Criminal Justice (419) : Intro to Law Enforcement (68) : Intro to Computing (457): Information Systems & Comp App (63): Management Information Systems (423) : Intro to Sociology (53) : Intro to Psychology (56) : Here's to your Health (450) : Substance Abuse (428) : Technical Writing (49) : College Mathematics (53) : Business Ethics and Society (437) : World Populations (B) : Principles of Marketing (57) : Cultural Diversity (B) : Civil War & Reconstruction (54)

Military: (41 SH)
Other Schools: (15 SH)

Excelsior Courses Complete (10 SH): Information Literacy, Criminology, International Terrorism, Social Science Research, Research/Writing, Managing Homeland Security

Excelsior BS-Criminal Justice=DONE
Once the gov't is stable enough to handle business, we should pull out. If we just leave now, it will create a power vacuum that Iran, Pakistan, China, the Taliban, etc will exploit.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
HawkGuy Wrote:Once the gov't is stable enough to handle business, we should pull out. If we just leave now, it will create a power vacuum that Iran, Pakistan, China, the Taliban, etc will exploit.

The lights ARE on, somebody is home. I finally agree w/HG on something (besides coffee and......). I think to leave now would be a big mistake and would send the wrong message to the Taliban and Al-Qaida. We can't lose sight of the fact that they killed many of our people, they changed our lives forever and their intentions towards our country were and still are grievous. If we have to bring back the draft, then so be it. The troops over there now are being pile driven into the ground. Regardless of the fact that they took an oath, many have more than kept their end of the bargain. Kick the enemies A$$ into the dirt. If we have to tax the wealthy to afford this war into the future, oh well. That's the price you pay for a friggin free market!
mightymouse Wrote:We will have to stay there until we iradicate the whole mentality over there.

Imagine how hard you would laugh if there was a country with a more powerful military than ours, they invaded, and said they weren't leaving until, say for example, Republicanism was eradicated. That's what we are trying to do over there. I'll admit it, I'm a huge war hawk, but we are fighting ghosts and shadows over there. Without a clearly defined enemy, we can't 'win' militarily or even properly motivate our troops. This hasn't been about 'kicking a$$' for a long time.

So that's how I see it, but I'm also well aware that I am fed with more hearsay and lies than real information; the only people who really understand it are the top brass and suits in the Pentagon and White House. Everyone else is just going off of Fox News and CNN like the rest of us.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
Going by the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about something else entirely.
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
alissaroot Wrote:Going by the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about something else entirely.

Ha! Me too. So... what're you doing over here in the military section anyway??? Checkin' out the new recruits? Wink
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
barcotta, great minds...are in the gutter.

@};-

That's supposed to be a rose emoticon above. Guys in military uniforms are hotness, even more so with a master's degree.

Back to the books!
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stay Enlisted or go Officer? CLEP101 35 10,134 01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Last Post: LordRayner82