Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
straighterline courses
I am getting ready to complete straiterline coarses for English Comp I and hopefully II. The advisor @ straiterline told me that the new English Comp II will be completed and ready around Feb 15, 2009. Will keep everyone in the loop concerning my progress, concerns etc.. Just ordered my books today, should start next week. FYI, I already forked out the $30.00 to FHSU for the "laundry fee". This should be goldenSmile More to follow..

By the way, I have not told TESC of my plans. The feeling I have is this, less customer interaction w/TESC= lower blood pressure & graduation
lmech Wrote:By the way, I have not told TESC of my plans. The feeling I have is this, less customer interaction w/TESC= lower blood pressure & graduation

Good idea! Dealing with TESC can be tough on the blood pressure!!!
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
thatbrian Wrote:Good idea! Dealing with TESC can be tough on the blood pressure!!!

Yeah, I have planned out my degree lineup. When I'm at the end, I will schedule an appointment with the "advisor"Wink , at that point I'll get my one heated dicussion out of the way before graduation. Life is too shortBig Grin
TESC took my straighterline algebra no problem.
Sowak777 Wrote:I have not updated the information that I gathered a couple of months ago, so COSC is not included below:

Sowak777, how did you gather that information? I'm thinking of updating it.

thanks!
I spoke with straighterline yesterday about their upcoming courses.

English II has been pushed back a couple weeks. Then they are going to work on the Statistics course and then will work on the Calculus.

She said that the science courses are giving them trouble with the labs, and that no one should hold their breath. They are not working on those any time soon.
Thanks for the update Addision. Anything about Straighterline getting their partner colleges to accept more of their courses?
addision Wrote:I spoke with straighterline yesterday about their upcoming courses.

English II has been pushed back a couple weeks. Then they are going to work on the Statistics course and then will work on the Calculus.

She said that the science courses are giving them trouble with the labs, and that no one should hold their breath. They are not working on those any time soon.

Ditto, thanks Addison. Yeah, I was a little taken back when hearing that they had pushed English Comp II back a few weeks. I'm waiting to see it offered before paying and starting English Comp I. Want to wrap this up back to back. The way it's looking, these will be my last 2 before submitting for graduationSmile
Hi guys,

I have recently been in telephone contact with an adviser at Grand Canyon University (GCU) regarding their acceptance and transcribing of Straighterline courses.

She stated that GCU accept Straighterline courses only for matriculated students and under no circumstances would they consider someone applying and taking their credits elsewhere (after prolonged verbal wordplay and some insistent selling from GCU). No 'credit bank/repository' or equivalent service as offered by some of the 'big 3'. So for cost-effectiveness, i.e. just working out a transcript for credit from the RA college, GCU is not cost-effective.

Could anyone describe the process they took regarding submitting an application to a RA Straighterline-affiliated college and getting a Straighterline course transcribed which did not involve the cost of matriculating at that college? An application or administrative cost would be reasonable and expected; I just can't afford to spend thousands of dollars for a handful of credits.

Previous posters have noted their use of Fort Hays and this route involves only an application and administrative fee. Would any such kind soul expand on the mechanics of how this works, please?

Many thanks,

Irnbru
[SIZE="1"]
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Excelsior College 2012
Master of Arts in International Relations, Staffordshire University, UK - in progress

Aleks
All courses taken, 12 credits applied
CLEP
A&I Literature (74), Intro Sociology (72), Info Systems and Computer Apps (67), Humanities (70), English Literature (65), American Literature (51), Principles of Mangement (65), Principles of Marketing (71)
DSST
Management Information Systems (469), Intro to Computing (461)
Excelsior College
Information Literacy, International Terrorism (A), Contemporary Middle East History (A), Discrete Structures (A), Social Science Capstone (A)
GRE Subject Test
Psychology (93rd percentile, 750 scaled score)
Straighterline
English Composition I&II, Economics I&II, Accounting I&II, General Calculus I, Business Communication

Progress history[/SIZE]
The process is quite simple. I signed up for the straighterline course. I then applied to FHSU. Within two weeks I was completely set up and could take classes through them if I wished. They give you a student number and everything. They say you have to send transcripts in, but of course you don't because you aren't going to graduate with them unless you want to. It was $30. I then completed the course through straighterline and they forwarded the transcript to FHSU. I then sent a fax to FHSU and I think it was $5, requesting them to forward my transcript to TESC. The total process was painless and took no time at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,443 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,088 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,077 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,731 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,231 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,731 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,541 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  TEEX Courses at TESU BSLIONS 25 6,790 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,000 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help Choosing Final Accounting Courses AMRH94 10 2,846 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: AMRH94