Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
BSBA AOS help - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: BSBA AOS help (/Thread-BSBA-AOS-help)

BSBA AOS help - rixbae - 04-21-2018

Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.

RE: BSBA AOS help - Merlin - 04-22-2018

(04-21-2018, 04:09 PM)rixbae Wrote: Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.

Not a lot of LL options for Finance AOS that I'm aware of, most are UL. There may be others I'm missing, but these are the ones I considered for the Finance area of the BSBA GM...
  • Money & Banking (Ed4Credit or DSST)
  • Assessing & Managing Risk (CSU-Global)
  • Introduction to Finance (Davar Academy)
  • Financial Management (DSST)
  • Corporate Finance (Davar Academy or Study.com)
  • Security Analysis & Portfolio Management (TECEP)
  • Financial Institutions & Markets (TECEP)
  • Multinational Business Finance (Davar Academy)
Note: All of those are upper level except the Ed4Credit version of Money & Banking.

As for the Accounting area, there are several, most via Study.com...
  • Intermediate Accounting (SL or Study.com) - called Financial Accounting @ SL
  • Intermediate Accounting II (Study.com)
  • Applied Managerial Accounting (Study.com)
  • Cost Accounting (SL or Study.com) - called Managerial Accounting @ SL
  • Advanced Accounting (Study.com)
  • Federal Income Taxation (CSU-Global or TECEP)
Note: All of those are upper level except for the Intermediate Accounting courses.

RE: BSBA AOS help - dfrecore - 04-22-2018

From the other thread, yes, she should be able to take a LL Intro to Finance course for the core, and then an UL Intro to Finance course for the AOS. But I would double-check as I'm not sure anyone on here has done that. It sounds familiar though...

RE: BSBA AOS help - keynext - 04-23-2018

(04-21-2018, 04:09 PM)rixbae Wrote: Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.

I personally like Davar Academy for their study format. They offer several courses in finance and the cost is about the best I've found. For most courses, they provide study guides even before you register for the course so they allow you to get a sense for what the exam will be like.
I highly recommend Davar Academy over a few of the other options.

I hope this helps. Good luck to your wife!

Alex