Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA AOS help
Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.
(04-21-2018, 04:09 PM)rixbae Wrote: Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.

Not a lot of LL options for Finance AOS that I'm aware of, most are UL. There may be others I'm missing, but these are the ones I considered for the Finance area of the BSBA GM...
  • Money & Banking (Ed4Credit or DSST)
  • Assessing & Managing Risk (CSU-Global)
  • Introduction to Finance (Davar Academy)
  • Financial Management (DSST)
  • Corporate Finance (Davar Academy or Study.com)
  • Security Analysis & Portfolio Management (TECEP)
  • Financial Institutions & Markets (TECEP)
  • Multinational Business Finance (Davar Academy)
Note: All of those are upper level except the Ed4Credit version of Money & Banking.

As for the Accounting area, there are several, most via Study.com...
  • Intermediate Accounting (SL or Study.com) - called Financial Accounting @ SL
  • Intermediate Accounting II (Study.com)
  • Applied Managerial Accounting (Study.com)
  • Cost Accounting (SL or Study.com) - called Managerial Accounting @ SL
  • Advanced Accounting (Study.com)
  • Federal Income Taxation (CSU-Global or TECEP)
Note: All of those are upper level except for the Intermediate Accounting courses.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
From the other thread, yes, she should be able to take a LL Intro to Finance course for the core, and then an UL Intro to Finance course for the AOS. But I would double-check as I'm not sure anyone on here has done that. It sounds familiar though...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-21-2018, 04:09 PM)rixbae Wrote: Hi, my wife is working on the General Management AOS. She needs one course in Finance or Accounting, preferably lower level. She is doing her UL courses in management and marketing. Thank you.

I personally like Davar Academy for their study format. They offer several courses in finance and the cost is about the best I've found. For most courses, they provide study guides even before you register for the course so they allow you to get a sense for what the exam will be like.
I highly recommend Davar Academy over a few of the other options.

I hope this helps. Good luck to your wife!

Alex

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,938 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,484 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,500 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,794 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,219 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast