Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline
I am wrapping up the last of my Study.com credits for transfer to TESU in the next two weeks or so. I will have 117 credits transferring in to TESU and will only need to take the Business Management Capstone. (I'm aware of and prepared for the residency waiver.)

My question is this: I plan to enroll in the September 2018 Guided Study Capstone course, which should then be completed by the end of November. How long after that will I officially have my degree? Completion of bachelor's degree is one of the last required components for a professional certification I am pursuing.

Thanks!
March - Here is the cut off listing from the TESU site: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Have you already applied to TESU? I ask because if you have and you have the Study.com affiliation coded already (for tuition discount) it may be possible to get into the August Capstone (starts next Monday 8/6/18) and that would allow you a December graduation. There are still openings for the August Business Capstone as of this afternoon.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-03-2018, 01:02 PM)allvia Wrote: March - Here is the cut off listing from the TESU site: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

Have you already applied to TESU? I ask because if you have and you have the Study.com affiliation coded already (for tuition discount) it may be possible to get into the August Capstone (starts next Monday 8/6/18) and that would allow you a December graduation. There are still openings for the August Business Capstone as of this afternoon.

I have applied, but haven't enrolled. Do you think I still have a chance to get in?
You need to apply now, send in your transcripts ASAP, register for the September capstone, apply for December graduation by October 1st, and you should be good to go for December graduation - usually around the middle of December.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-03-2018, 01:05 PM)dexter1326 Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 01:02 PM)allvia Wrote: March - Here is the cut off listing from the TESU site: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

I have applied, but haven't enrolled. Do you think I still have a chance to get in?

Yes.  Signing up for the course will automatically enroll you. If they have you coded correctly you could sign up today - I suggest you call TESU directly they have plenty of openings for both course platform options for August.   There is a late registration fee, but I have heard people here have gotten it waived when they call to register - another reason to call!

The Book can be rented through Amazon (if you have Prime = fast) or another source (https://www.textbookrentals.com). You do need the current recommended version of the book, as it is all about the case studies in it (and they vary from book version to version)

(08-03-2018, 01:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You need to apply now, send in your transcripts ASAP, register for the September capstone, apply for December graduation by October 1st, and you should be good to go for December graduation - usually around the middle of December.

September Capstone is too late for December graduation - August Capstone is the cut off for December graduation.
The latest you can apply for December graduation is October 1st.  If the OP gets into the August Capstone then s/he can apply for graduation anytime before then (with an ASAP on getting in any outstanding transcripts) - also if the OP had not already gotten the Cornerstone waived prior to July 2018, they may have to take that $300 course as well (can be completed in a day or less).
Amberton University

Glad I posted this when I did. I hadn't looked at the cut-offs at all. I will be signing up for August Capstone this evening.

Any insights on Guided Study versus the traditional course?
Just sign up for the August Capstone if you there is no late fee for it, otherwise, you can sign up for the September one. If you finish everything for the September one, you will be able to graduate as that course ends on Nov 18. You must email them for graduation audit beforehand otherwise they won't "rush" the audit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-03-2018, 01:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just sign up for the August Capstone if you there is no late fee for it, otherwise, you can sign up for the September one.  If you finish everything for the September one, you will be able to graduate as that course ends on Nov 18.  You must email them for graduation audit beforehand otherwise they won't "rush" the audit.

I'm planning to register for August now that I know the cut-offs. 

If for some reason I go the September route, is getting a rush audit and still making December graduation a pretty sure thing?
This thread has the breakdown of where they differ - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...one-Review

(08-03-2018, 01:45 PM)dexter1326 Wrote: If for some reason I go the September route, is getting a rush audit and still making December graduation a pretty sure thing?

Highly unlikely, they adhere quite strongly to their posted deadlines - as they should (although we don't always like it).  They will just email you a letter that states due to the course not completing before the required evaluation deadline your application for graduation will automatically be reviewed again for the March (as it would be the next) graduation cycle.   If you had completed the Capstone prior and it was a question of an outside transcript arriving then in that scenario they may give you a week to 10 day extension once they completed the graduation evaluation for it to arrive - but not for a course with them, especially the Capstone.

To put it in perspective - the Sept Graduates they are working on now,  in many cases, have already completed the gradation evaluation. Based on this the December graduates who had the apply by Oct 1 students will have their graduation evaluation done at the beginning of November - the Aug term does not end until the end of Nov; which is past the Dec graduation evaluation period.
Amberton University

(08-03-2018, 01:45 PM)dexter1326 Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 01:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just sign up for the August Capstone if you there is no late fee for it, otherwise, you can sign up for the September one.  If you finish everything for the September one, you will be able to graduate as that course ends on Nov 18.  You must email them for graduation audit beforehand otherwise they won't "rush" the audit.

I'm planning to register for August now that I know the cut-offs. 

If for some reason I go the September route, is getting a rush audit and still making December graduation a pretty sure thing?

Regarding the September course, you would apply for graduation Oct 1, and go into the queue.  Since you applied at the very end, you'd get audited last, and even then, you get another shot later.  I got an extension for a course I completed late - they did my audit on the 25th-ish of the month prior to graduation.  So, with a November 18th end date, especially if you turned in your final paper early, and asked your instructor to grade it early (you could ask well in advance), you might get your grade posted close to the 18th or soon thereafter, and easily make the cutoff for the second audit.

If you want a 100% sure thing, then go for the August course.  It's nerve-wracking trying to get audited at the last second, even if you do get in.  Not fun.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,011 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore