Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? (/Thread-TESU-LIB495-No-help-withdrawing-from-it-Thoughts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - Coastie63j20 - 03-03-2019

Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.

TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - posabsolute - 03-03-2019

I think withdrawing might be a good choice this time,

when I did my bsba capstone everyone was scrambling for the first case study, personally I finally got it when I just started writing. What I mean is I think what you are experiencing is normal, unfortunately you do not have a very supportive mentor

I’m curious tho, does this mentor has good reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - Coastie63j20 - 03-03-2019

That was my fault as I did not look for reviews. I will do that for sure next time but I am not sure what reviews if any my mentor has as I believe its fairly new.

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - jsd - 03-03-2019

Sharing the mentor's name might be a good idea to help others out if they want to avoid a hands-off mentor who doesn't provide samples or assistance.

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - zzzz24 - 03-03-2019

I wouldn't drop out a month in, there's multiple example papers posted right on this forum

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - ChilliDawg - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)Coastie63j20 Wrote: Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.

I think that you and I might be in the same course.  Same mentor.  I am having a similar experience.  I already know how to write a thesis, but am getting no grades or feedback at all.

(03-03-2019, 12:28 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 11:38 AM)Coastie63j20 Wrote: Hola! Like other people here I am not going to say who my "mentor" is for my TESU LIB495 capstone but I am not happy with how the course is going so far. Its been 30 days or so and I still have no clue as to what/how to write a thesis. My "mentor" has provided no samples nor clear instructions as to how to do the assignments. I am very frustrated since it has taken me more than a decade to finally get to this point and I am thinking about withdrawing from the course all together. I am a military retiree with a full time job and taking two other courses yet when I asked I did not received samples of what the sections are supposed to look like or any support. All I get everytime I ask is "read the syllabus". Well I have done that plenty of times and it is clear as mud. I really do not have time to become a thesis writer overnight. I say this because TESU should call it what it is, a fraking thesis! I think that a Capstone is not really necessary for a bachelor's let alone for someone with a career however it has become the law of the land. Just wanted to see what others might suggest I do but I am withdrawing from the capstone until I get more time to write a thesis.

I think that you and I might be in the same course.  Same mentor.  I am having a similar experience.  I already know how to write a thesis, but am getting no grades or feedback at all.

I could really use a good example of a Literatue Review.  I have most of mine done, but just want some confirmation.

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - TexasTink - 03-03-2019

If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - ChilliDawg - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.

That would be fantastic!  I would greatly appreciate it.

RE: TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? - Coastie63j20 - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.

That would help. Thanks for the offer.

(03-03-2019, 05:25 PM)Coastie63j20 Wrote:

That would help. Thanks for the offer.

Coastie, please check your PM's