Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
What do you think is the worst profession? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: What do you think is the worst profession? (/Thread-What-do-you-think-is-the-worst-profession)

Pages: 1 2

What do you think is the worst profession? - sanantone - 04-18-2019

I'm on a staycation while preparing for my move, and I started watching podiatry videos on YouTube. I thought being a dentist or dental hygienist would be bad because of people's bad breath and gross mouths, but being a podiatrist is 10X worse. It seems like most of their work involves clipping toenails with fungal infections; removing warts, calluses, and abscesses; and removing ingrown toenails. Sadly, they seem to get a lot of elderly patients who suffer from self-neglect. A lot of them had feet that were covered in dead skin.

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - jsd - 04-18-2019

Your time off from work is spent much differently than mine Tongue

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - sanantone - 04-18-2019

I really started thinking about this because I went to the dentist. I had great dental insurance through the State, and I'm trying to use it before I lose it at the end of this month.

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - Sparklette - 04-18-2019

My grandfather was a podiatrist....

I have this **possibly strange** fear of getting to a point I can’t touch my own feet to care for them. I’m pretty sure your general health declines significantly once you reach that point.

Also, the worst thing I’ve ever seen or smelled was a patient having maggots removed from being embedded into their feet from nursing home neglect Sad

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - bethanyneedsajob - 04-19-2019

I spent one semester thinking it’d be cool to do ultrasound (like vascular, not pregnant people)... until I though of something during orientation and confirmed it. Vascular ultrasound technicians sometimes have to put mint under their nose so they are less likely to gag while moving peoples skin folds to find the veins. And then I was gone once I started thinking about the potentially rotten smell of skin “cheese”. Now I’m trying to avoid medical field careers, turns out a lot are not for the easily grossed out.

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - sanantone - 04-19-2019

I'm usually not grossed out by blood, bones, organs, or surgeries. I've had to look at hundreds of pictures of dead bodies in my forensic medicine program, but podiatry patients are extreme. I also wouldn't want to go to college for a total of eight years to spend most of my time clipping toenails.

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - bluebooger - 04-19-2019

prison guard ?

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - sanantone - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 10:37 AM)bluebooger Wrote: prison guard ?

I worked in a jail and a prison. The jail as a corrections officer and the prison as a counselor. My counseling office was inside the cell block.

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - MrBossmanJr - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 11:00 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 10:37 AM)bluebooger Wrote: prison guard ?

I worked in a jail and a prison. The jail as a corrections officer and the prison as a counselor. My counseling office was inside the cell block.

How was it?

RE: What do you think is the worst profession? - Joeman200 - 04-20-2019

Telemarketer, politician, ambulance-chasing lawyers... just to think of a few.