Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Military Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Military-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Military waiver for residency charge at tesu (/Thread-Military-waiver-for-residency-charge-at-tesu)

Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - Zachcleigh - 04-21-2019

as active duty military do you have to pay the residency waiver at tesu? Or is that cost waived because of active service? I’m getting mixed information on this topic.

RE: Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - dfrecore - 04-23-2019

The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYONE ELSE!!!  ONLY ACTIVE-DUTY MILITARY.

RE: Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - ECH90 - 05-08-2019

(04-23-2019, 11:20 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

My understanding is that this will work for Military Spouses as well. This is my current plan that I am enrolled under but for what ever reason ( It’s the writing)  I am terrified of Teceps

RE: Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - dfrecore - 05-08-2019

(05-08-2019, 03:54 PM)ECH90 Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 11:20 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The last I heard, Active-Duty does NOT have to pay the residency waiver if you get residency - which you can get by taking TECEP's as well as courses.  So, you take your Capstone and Cornerstone at $250/cr, and you take 6 LL TECEP's at $75 each, and you are good to go.

My understanding is that this will work for Military Spouses as well. This is my current plan that I am enrolled under but for what ever reason ( It’s the writing)  I am terrified of Teceps

I just didn't want a non-military affiliated person to use this advice and then come back freaking out because it didn't apply to them.

TECEP's are not that bad - especially if you choose the right ones.  My suggestions, if you only want multiple choice: Applied Liberal Arts Math, Computers, Sociology, Nutrition, etc.  If you don't mind some typing, the LL courses aren't too bad.  Public Speaking, Tech Writing, Tech Comm, Environmental Ethics, Marriage & Family, Psychology of Women should all be doable.

Stick with the LL TECEP's, as the UL are more expensive (LL=$25/cr vs. UL=$75/cr).

RE: Military waiver for residency charge at tesu - ECH90 - 05-09-2019

(05-08-2019, 10:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 03:54 PM)ECH90 Wrote:

I just didn't want a non-military affiliated person to use this advice and then come back freaking out because it didn't apply to them.

TECEP's are not that bad - especially if you choose the right ones.  My suggestions, if you only want multiple choice: Applied Liberal Arts Math, Computers, Sociology, Nutrition, etc.  If you don't mind some typing, the LL courses aren't too bad.  Public Speaking, Tech Writing, Tech Comm, Environmental Ethics, Marriage & Family, Psychology of Women should all be doable.

Stick with the LL TECEP's, as the UL are more expensive (LL=$25/cr vs. UL=$75/cr)
Yes that is a good point! I will look in to those.