Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy (/Thread-Fast-Turnaround-from-CMS-Learn-for-Quantitative-Literacy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - studiousimp - 06-17-2019

This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

After learning about CMSLearn here, I started the course last week and finished yesterday (Sunday). They verified my identity this morning and sent notice that I had officially completed their ACE-approved 3 unit course (which fulfills TESU's Quantitative Literacy requirement).

Shocked at the quick turnaround, I added the course to my ACE transcript. It took the good people at CMSLearn all of an hour to review and approve my ACE and the course I finished 24 hours ago is now on my transcript and has been sent to TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

As they get more popular I'm sure the timeframe will extend but I am so appreciative and impressed, that I wanted to make sure people here know how fast it can be. Of course, don't hold it against them if your mileage varies but WOW on the fast turnaround. Oh, and the course was enjoyable too.

So if you need a Quantitative Lit course, don't hesitate to grab theirs. Bonus: It's $39 for 3 semester LL credits. Amazing.

Thanks CMSLearn.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - dfrecore - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 02:50 PM)studiousimp Wrote: This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

After learning about CMSLearn here, I started the course last week and finished yesterday (Sunday). They verified my identity this morning and sent notice that I had officially completed their ACE-approved 3 unit course (which fulfills TESU's Quantitative Literacy requirement).

Shocked at the quick turnaround, I added the course to my ACE transcript. It took the good people at CMSLearn all of an hour to review and approve my ACE and the course I finished 24 hours ago is now on my transcript and has been sent to TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

As they get more popular I'm sure the timeframe will extend but I am so appreciative and impressed, that I wanted to make sure people here know how fast it can be. Of course, don't hold it against them if your mileage varies but WOW on the fast turnaround. Oh, and the course was enjoyable too.

So if you need a Quantitative Lit course, don't hesitate to grab theirs. Bonus: It's $39 for 3 semester LL credits. Amazing.

Thanks CMSLearn.

ALEKS has super fast turnaround too, I've had it show up on ACE as quickly as 20 minutes after requesting it (on a business day).  I'm sure there are others.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - studiousimp - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ALEKS has super fast turnaround too, I've had it show up on ACE as quickly as 20 minutes after requesting it (on a business day).  I'm sure there are others.

Oh wow, good to know. I had no idea.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - armstrongsubero - 06-17-2019

TESU has been extremely fast these days to add to transcript.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - darthweezy - 06-17-2019

I second that CMSLearn rocks. I wish more courses were this same style.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - kevro64 - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 02:50 PM)studiousimp Wrote: This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

Thanks CMSLearn.
Do you get the cert when you take the course?

Also how difficult is the course? I failed the TECEP liberal arts math exam. I would love to take TESU Analyze This! But can't swing the $1200 (with Study.com discount)

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - MNomadic - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 09:57 PM)kevro64 Wrote:

Un-freaking-believable!

Thanks CMSLearn.
Do you get the cert when you take the course?

Also how difficult is the course? I failed the TECEP liberal arts math exam. I would love to take TESU Analyze This! But can't swing the $1200 (with Study.com discount)
Yes you get the cert. If you pay $6 they'll mail you a fancy framed copy too.

The course isn't too difficult. The material covers mostly common math. The hardest part is taking your time to make sure you type the answer in correct. The best part is you can't fail it. If you get some problems wrong you just keep retrying until you can consistently get them right. You just have to have patience.

You can do a free trial of CSMLEARN. So it doesn't hurt to try it out. If you don't like it, try something else. If you like it, it's just $39 and effort.

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - studiousimp - 06-17-2019

^^ Ditto what MNomadic said. The hardest thing about it is that you have to slow down and focus (at least I did). Getting something wrong means you wind up practicing it (over and over). But it's great for math phobics or anybody who gets some math test anxiety because there's no test. I think it's safe to say you can't fail this.

Try it!

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - kevro64 - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 11:08 PM)studiousimp Wrote: ^^ Ditto what MNomadic said. The hardest thing about it is that you have to slow down and focus (at least I did). Getting something wrong means you wind up practicing it (over and over). But it's great for math phobics or anybody who gets some math test anxiety because there's no test. I think it's safe to say you can't fail this.

Try it!

Thanks! Signed up for trial you are a life saver!

RE: Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 06-18-2019

I completed it a week or two ago after getting around 40% or so done in the two-hour trial. I'll add to the chorus here that I felt the course was put together well; I didn't read any of the lessons that were provided, but the focus on careful work is nice to see. The content included basic mental math skills, unit conversions, and some logic.