Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy
This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

After learning about CMSLearn here, I started the course last week and finished yesterday (Sunday). They verified my identity this morning and sent notice that I had officially completed their ACE-approved 3 unit course (which fulfills TESU's Quantitative Literacy requirement).

Shocked at the quick turnaround, I added the course to my ACE transcript. It took the good people at CMSLearn all of an hour to review and approve my ACE and the course I finished 24 hours ago is now on my transcript and has been sent to TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

As they get more popular I'm sure the timeframe will extend but I am so appreciative and impressed, that I wanted to make sure people here know how fast it can be. Of course, don't hold it against them if your mileage varies but WOW on the fast turnaround. Oh, and the course was enjoyable too.

So if you need a Quantitative Lit course, don't hesitate to grab theirs. Bonus: It's $39 for 3 semester LL credits. Amazing.

Thanks CMSLearn.
---------------
Next Goal: TESU BA in Psychology & Computer Science

[-] The following 6 users Like studiousimp's post:
  • akr680, alab21, badooble, CSMlearn, hsfamfun, Life_One
(06-17-2019, 02:50 PM)studiousimp Wrote: This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

After learning about CMSLearn here, I started the course last week and finished yesterday (Sunday). They verified my identity this morning and sent notice that I had officially completed their ACE-approved 3 unit course (which fulfills TESU's Quantitative Literacy requirement).

Shocked at the quick turnaround, I added the course to my ACE transcript. It took the good people at CMSLearn all of an hour to review and approve my ACE and the course I finished 24 hours ago is now on my transcript and has been sent to TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

As they get more popular I'm sure the timeframe will extend but I am so appreciative and impressed, that I wanted to make sure people here know how fast it can be. Of course, don't hold it against them if your mileage varies but WOW on the fast turnaround. Oh, and the course was enjoyable too.

So if you need a Quantitative Lit course, don't hesitate to grab theirs. Bonus: It's $39 for 3 semester LL credits. Amazing.

Thanks CMSLearn.

ALEKS has super fast turnaround too, I've had it show up on ACE as quickly as 20 minutes after requesting it (on a business day).  I'm sure there are others.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
(06-17-2019, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ALEKS has super fast turnaround too, I've had it show up on ACE as quickly as 20 minutes after requesting it (on a business day).  I'm sure there are others.

Oh wow, good to know. I had no idea.
---------------

TESU has been extremely fast these days to add to transcript.
GRADUATE

Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (In Progress..)
MITx to ALM in ES: Management, Harvard University (Planned...2021)

UNDERGRAD

Sep 2019 Grad...

BA Computer Science, TESU
BA Liberal Studies, TESU
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  

SL (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Prog, Data Str
B&M (46 Cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • suzycupcake
I second that CMSLearn rocks. I wish more courses were this same style.
[-] The following 2 users Like darthweezy's post:
  • CSMlearn, hsfamfun
(06-17-2019, 02:50 PM)studiousimp Wrote: This is a shout out for the amazingly fast turnaround from CMS Learn in helping me complete my Quantitative Literacy requirement at TESU.

Un-freaking-believable!

Thanks CMSLearn.
Do you get the cert when you take the course?

Also how difficult is the course? I failed the TECEP liberal arts math exam. I would love to take TESU Analyze This! But can't swing the $1200 (with Study.com discount)
(06-17-2019, 09:57 PM)kevro64 Wrote:

Un-freaking-believable!

Thanks CMSLearn.
Do you get the cert when you take the course?

Also how difficult is the course? I failed the TECEP liberal arts math exam. I would love to take TESU Analyze This! But can't swing the $1200 (with Study.com discount)
Yes you get the cert. If you pay $6 they'll mail you a fancy framed copy too.

The course isn't too difficult. The material covers mostly common math. The hardest part is taking your time to make sure you type the answer in correct. The best part is you can't fail it. If you get some problems wrong you just keep retrying until you can consistently get them right. You just have to have patience.

You can do a free trial of CSMLEARN. So it doesn't hurt to try it out. If you don't like it, try something else. If you like it, it's just $39 and effort.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)      Taking a different direction for now.

B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(3cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp, Student Success
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • CSMlearn
^^ Ditto what MNomadic said. The hardest thing about it is that you have to slow down and focus (at least I did). Getting something wrong means you wind up practicing it (over and over). But it's great for math phobics or anybody who gets some math test anxiety because there's no test. I think it's safe to say you can't fail this.

Try it!
---------------

[-] The following 1 user Likes studiousimp's post:
  • CSMlearn
(06-17-2019, 11:08 PM)studiousimp Wrote: ^^ Ditto what MNomadic said. The hardest thing about it is that you have to slow down and focus (at least I did). Getting something wrong means you wind up practicing it (over and over). But it's great for math phobics or anybody who gets some math test anxiety because there's no test. I think it's safe to say you can't fail this.

Try it!

Thanks! Signed up for trial you are a life saver!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevro64's post:
  • studiousimp
I completed it a week or two ago after getting around 40% or so done in the two-hour trial. I'll add to the chorus here that I felt the course was put together well; I didn't read any of the lessons that were provided, but the focus on careful work is nice to see. The content included basic mental math skills, unit conversions, and some logic.

Senior college admissions counselor in Beijing with research interest in higher ed college access. Reverts to PADI Divemaster when near a coast.

BS Anthropology | Tulane University '08 (3.90, summa cum laude
MS Early Childhood Studies: Administration, Management, & Leadership | Walden University '19 (3.90)
Certificate College Access Counseling | Rice University '19
Certificate Teachers College College Advising Program | Columbia University '19
Other TOEFL/IELTS Trainer; Alumni/Company Interviewer; National Resume Writers' Association (completed coursework!)
Goals: A) 2nd MS in Higher Ed; B) 51/195 Countries; C) Find good hamburger in Beijing (accomplished June '19!)

[-] The following 2 users Like PrettyFlyforaChiGuy's post:
  • Clepper43, CSMlearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSMLearn "High Performance" (Quantitative Reasoning) Review DeanLewis 21 1,590 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  math/Quantitative Literacy requirement Supreme1995 13 566 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Quantitative Literacy - Easiest Course? zzzz24 21 1,525 04-25-2019, 07:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Fast and easy 2 Study.com courses for TESU BALS CarpeDiem8 4 2,506 02-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Fast courses to get 6 elective credits hannah-joy 31 1,897 02-11-2019, 01:15 PM
  Study.com Quantitative Analysis fongaza 2 275 10-23-2018, 10:12 PM
  Study.com -> TESU Information Literacy Credit MHenderson01 3 469 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MHenderson01
  Math 107: Quantitative Literacy or Math 97: Intro to Mathematical Reasoning badooble 3 486 07-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: badooble
  Study.com Library Science 101 - Information Literacy badooble 10 1,656 05-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Sad Self-paced alternative for Excelsior's Quantitative Analysis? jeanmanalo 6 591 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Last Post: jeanmanalo