Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSM Learn Discount for 3
Thumbs Up 

.png   CSM Discount.PNG (Size: 59.58 KB / Downloads: 29) Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for years (still haven't graduated Sad ) and read a little about CSM Learn and decided to take the course. Took me about 3 days to complete and currently has an agreement with somewhere around 12-15 colleges including the Big 3. After finishing the course I was given the option to send 3, 25% (I believe) discounts to friends/family. No one I know knows about alternative credits etc. so if anyone is interested let me know. I only have 3 so first come first serve. The course cost $39 so with the discount it will be about $29.25.

Attached Files
.png   25% discount.PNG (Size: 36 KB / Downloads: 16)
[-] The following 3 users Like HighSchoolDropOut's post:
  • Diana321, jch, rachel83az
I don't know if it's new or if I didn't notice it before but I also have the share button in my CSM account! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully, your offer will help many people.

Speaking of help, do you need any assistance with your degree planning or are there other factors influencing your lack of graduation? Either way, welcome to your new account. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • HighSchoolDropOut
What happens when you click that Share button? Does that give discounts as well?

That's awesome if everyone can get a chance to help others save a little...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks! I hope so as well, if I receive any other discounts etc., I'll most likely be sharing it here in the future. Regarding my own education it's been.... difficult. Either lack of motivation, money, time, or family problems. I sort of have my degree planned out and will try to get into Golden Gate University Aspire by August Smile

(05-11-2021, 11:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't know if it's new or if I didn't notice it before but I also have the share button in my CSM account! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully, your offer will help many people.

Speaking of help, do you need any assistance with your degree planning or are there other factors influencing your lack of graduation? Either way, welcome to your new account. Smile
Totally understand there! I've had similar issues. But GGU Aspire looks expensive. Is there any particular reason you've chosen them over one of the Big 3? From what I can tell, even TESU costs less. https://www.ggu.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/ $10,500 for 30 credits at GGU is pretty spendy, IMO.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(05-11-2021, 11:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Totally understand there! I've had similar issues. But GGU Aspire looks expensive. Is there any particular reason you've chosen them over one of the Big 3? From what I can tell, even TESU costs less. https://www.ggu.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transfers/ $10,500 for 30 credits at GGU is pretty spendy, IMO.

Yes, since this will be my first degree and I currently am in a non-career job (retail) with no professional experience I want my first degree to be from somewhere close to me. I live in the bay area so it's not very far from where I am. Maybe it's a mental thing but I feel like more recruiters/hiring personnel will be familiar with a school that's local especially since I have zero experience. Also GGU currently has a tuition discount of up to 30%. Will attach below. "New undergraduate students carrying at least 6 units per term will receive a 20% tuition grant". 

https://www.ggu.edu/admissions/graduate/...nd-grants/

And the additional 10% discount comes from onlinedegree.com 

https://www.onlinedegree.com/scholarship...niversity/

(Onlinedegree advertises a 40% discount however, I will email GGU and try to confirm if its 30% or 40% total)

Overall it will likely cost me either $8,316 or $9,702 for the 30 credits which thankfully I can get the full grant for financial aid since my income is so low but I don't mind paying for the rest. The Aspire portion will be paid for out-of-pocket but I believe once you begin taking classes at GGU you can apply for financial aid. Will confirm this with them.
Personally, I don't feel like it really matters where the school is because plenty of people go away to school or attend an online school these days. Unless it were a really big local name, like Stanford, I don't think anyone cares. The kind of people who do care are almost certainly the ones you don't want to work for anyway. But that's your choice to make and if you feel GGU works better for your needs then that's not a terrible price after the discounts.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-11-2021, 12:28 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Personally, I don't feel like it really matters where the school is because plenty of people go away to school or attend an online school these days. Unless it were a really big local name, like Stanford, I don't think anyone cares. The kind of people who do care are almost certainly the ones you don't want to work for anyway. But that's your choice to make and if you feel GGU works better for your needs then that's not a terrible price after the discounts.
That's a refreshing perspective, hopefully I can make the best decision for myself in the end and not be saddled with too much debt.  Sleepy Thank you!
(05-11-2021, 11:14 AM)HighSchoolDropOut Wrote: Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for years (still haven't graduated Sad ) and read a little about CSM Learn and decided to take the course. Took me about 3 days to complete and currently has an agreement with somewhere around 12-15 colleges including the Big 3. After finishing the course I was given the option to send 3, 25% (I believe) discounts to friends/family. No one I know knows about alternative credits etc. so if anyone is interested let me know. I only have 3 so first come first serve. The course cost $39 so with the discount it will be about $29.25.

Goodwill Industries is very good with tutoring and helping people get their GED.  They will help for free, and sometimes come to your home, but they also have classes at their business.  They helped a cousin of mine.  Typically libraries have a lot of free helps too.
I had seen multiple posts on CSM Learn and when I read that it should not duplicate the other math classes I have already, I decided to take it.    I got through it rather quickly, maybe about 4 1/2 hours total time in the course spread over a couple of days.    

But I actually found it very fun (gasp!) and after completing it, I wish there were more like it out there to take for credit.   I have to say it was one of the more enjoyable ways I've obtained credit so far.    Highly recommend, especially for those with a fear of more advanced math!
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
[-] The following 2 users Like NC Coach's post:
  • HighSchoolDropOut, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,724 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  CompTIA A+ Certification | Discount akr680 10 1,615 09-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: msa145
  July 2022 - $20 Discount @ Sophia for new members MidLifeCrisis 5 2,160 08-19-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  CSM Learn BSLIONS 7 1,493 08-13-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,736 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  Sophia.org Discount Voucher...got one? knowledgeseeker 2 1,089 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Request for SDC / Study.com Discount Referral code eureka21 14 2,433 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Sophia: U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future Kab 18 2,465 06-24-2021, 12:30 AM
Last Post: DNMO
  CSM Learn discount code rachel83az 12 2,680 02-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Discount Code for StraighterLine ss20ts 1 1,092 02-03-2021, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Seagull