Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Upper level test out exams? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Upper level test out exams? (/Thread-Upper-level-test-out-exams)

Pages: 1 2

Upper level test out exams? - boymom1031 - 11-07-2019

Hi can anyone recommend some options to take upper level exams to test out, or self paced courses that are UL such as SL? I haven’t had a lot of success finding UL but I know they exist. Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: Upper level test out exams? - natshar - 11-07-2019

Whata school are you attending? That is the most important part.

Upper level test out exams? - boymom1031 - 11-07-2019

Excelsior - I need 9 UL arts and sciences

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Upper level test out exams? - harrypotter - 11-07-2019

Study.com has some..

RE: Upper level test out exams? - dfrecore - 11-08-2019

Study.com has the most, then Coopersmith.

RE: Upper level test out exams? - suzycupcake - 11-10-2019

Coopersmith has a lot of UL. It's a memorize and pass kind of thing so it's quick and easy!

Upper level test out exams? - harrypotter - 11-10-2019

I don’t see it brought up too much around here but I kind of re-discovered UExcel last night. There’s a good amount of exams to choose from & they’re multiple choice.

Edit: Oh you’re attending EC so you probably already know of these.

RE: Upper level test out exams? - jsh1138 - 11-10-2019

if you're going to Excelsior already, the Uexcels will be the easiest for you bc you dont have to transfer them. After that, Study.com has the most. You can check TESU's Tecep's, there are some there as well

RE: Upper level test out exams? - dfrecore - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 01:56 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I don’t see it brought up too much around here but I kind of re-discovered UExcel last night. There’s a good amount of exams to choose from & they’re multiple choice.

Edit: Oh you’re attending EC so you probably already know of these.

The main issue is going to be going to a PearsonVUE testing center to take the exams, and I think besides inconvenience, the test center fee is something like $60?

RE: Upper level test out exams? - jsh1138 - 11-10-2019

I did a Uexcel 2 weeks ago and Excelsior charged me $110 for the test, plus $20 to register for it (lol). then the testing center charged me $52 to take the test. Then Excelsior charges you again for a transcript, although admittedly that is not per-test.

So all in all, not *that* much more than other places. For me, Pearson testing centers are closer to my house than CLEP or DSST ones are, so your mileage may vary on that one too but it's a non-issue for me.

Teceps let you take them at home and are by far the easiest option, but of course it depends on what you need the credits in