Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper level test out exams?
Hi can anyone recommend some options to take upper level exams to test out, or self paced courses that are UL such as SL? I haven’t had a lot of success finding UL but I know they exist. Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Whata school are you attending? That is the most important part.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
145+ credits
Bachelors Degree 2020
Excelsior - I need 9 UL arts and sciences

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Study.com has some..
BA, Business Administration, New England College, 2019
AA, General Studies, Ashworth College, 2017

Study.com has the most, then Coopersmith.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
Coopersmith has a lot of UL. It's a memorize and pass kind of thing so it's quick and easy!
TESU BALS early 2020!
Study.com (24): Eng Comp I & II, Pres Skills in the Workplace, Prin of Supervision, Personal Finance, Here's to Your Health, Prin of Mgmt, Tech in the Classroom
StraighterLine (33): Intro to Rel, Intro to CJ, US Hist I/II, Amer Govt, Western Civ I/II, Intro to Env Sci, IT Fund, Cult Anthropology, Pharmacology
Sophia (10): Dev Effective Teams, Visual Comm, Conflict Resolution, Human Biology
SHU and GCU (26): Prin of Soc, Prin of Psych, Ethics, Logic, Prin of Econ, Mgmt Info Sys, Univ Success, 21st Century Comm, Info Lit
TEEX (6): Death Investigation (UL); Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison
Coopersmith UL (12): Drugs, Society and Human Behavior, Foundations of Stress Mgmt, Sport & Exercise Psychology, Substance Abuse Counseling Affiliate ID: 196
CSMLearn (3)
TESU: SOS-110 (IP), Capstone (IP)
I don’t see it brought up too much around here but I kind of re-discovered UExcel last night. There’s a good amount of exams to choose from & they’re multiple choice.

Edit: Oh you’re attending EC so you probably already know of these.
BA, Business Administration, New England College, 2019
AA, General Studies, Ashworth College, 2017

if you're going to Excelsior already, the Uexcels will be the easiest for you bc you dont have to transfer them. After that, Study.com has the most. You can check TESU's Tecep's, there are some there as well
Study.com - 120 CR. TESU - 27 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 2 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU

(Yesterday, 01:56 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I don’t see it brought up too much around here but I kind of re-discovered UExcel last night. There’s a good amount of exams to choose from & they’re multiple choice.

Edit: Oh you’re attending EC so you probably already know of these.

The main issue is going to be going to a PearsonVUE testing center to take the exams, and I think besides inconvenience, the test center fee is something like $60?
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
I did a Uexcel 2 weeks ago and Excelsior charged me $110 for the test, plus $20 to register for it (lol). then the testing center charged me $52 to take the test. Then Excelsior charges you again for a transcript, although admittedly that is not per-test.

So all in all, not *that* much more than other places. For me, Pearson testing centers are closer to my house than CLEP or DSST ones are, so your mileage may vary on that one too but it's a non-issue for me.

Teceps let you take them at home and are by far the easiest option, but of course it depends on what you need the credits in
Study.com - 120 CR. TESU - 27 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 2 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Upper Level Requirements - Area of Study? Silly_Me 9 1,835 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need help with ETS Major Field Test Requirements MissEmily 0 77 10-17-2019, 07:27 PM
Last Post: MissEmily
  TESU Proficiency Test (Bus 421) degreeguy 1 152 09-28-2019, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Upper Level Liberal Arts csferrell 6 435 09-17-2019, 10:24 AM
  Comptia exams no longer evaluated on ACE list? shola 5 312 08-19-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC Upper Level Business Patsnation 5 314 08-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Computer Science Updates Upper Level (UL) udi 20 1,759 07-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Last Post: stalintouch
  Help finding inexpensive courses & upper level geissingert 5 502 05-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Lower level finance class for TESU? blt93933 2 260 04-26-2019, 12:37 AM
  TESU - BALS - Upper Level credits goldmedal 2 330 04-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg