Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) (/Thread-CSU-GLOBAL-SSA-Self-Study-Assessment)

CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - Plancked - 11-12-2019

Hello! I am currently enrolled at Csuglobal taking the HUM101s, the s is for SSA. Has anyone taken the humanities ssa or any other SSA with Csuglobal? I'm curious if the pretest and practice tests/end of module quiz's are a large part of the final exam? I scored a 76 on the pre-test, so, if I can just do a cram session on the pretests I would like to know.
Thanks! 
Bob

RE: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - dfrecore - 11-13-2019

Totally off subject (although I've heard that the study materials and practice tests for the SSA's are good); are you a regular enrolled student who just happens to be taking an SSA as well as regular courses, or non-enrolled student who enrolled strictly to take the SSA?

Again, off the subject, but why would you opt for the SSA for $250, when you can take the CLEP for free (through Modern States) or for less than $100 if you just pay for it? There is a Humanities CLEP.

RE: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - tjguitar85 - 11-13-2019

How did you get approved to take an SSA? They have been giving people grief. Sad

RE: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - Plancked - 11-13-2019

(11-13-2019, 09:23 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote: How did you get approved to take an SSA? They have been giving people grief. Sad

Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

(11-13-2019, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Totally off subject (although I've heard that the study materials and practice tests for the SSA's are good); are you a regular enrolled student who just happens to be taking an SSA as well as regular courses, or non-enrolled student who enrolled strictly to take the SSA?

Again, off the subject, but why would you opt for the SSA for $250, when you can take the CLEP for free (through Modern States) or for less than $100 if you just pay for it?  There is a Humanities CLEP.
Hello, I am a student who just happens to be taking an SSA and I had a credit for 100.00. Not to mention that the critical thinking HUM is a much better choice for me as I used to debate. 
I'm certainly going to use Modern States for my biology exam... Which off the subject but are there any similarities between the straighterline biology test and the clep?

RE: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - tjguitar85 - 11-14-2019

Quote:Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

They told me that I could not sign up for an SSA unless I also enrolled in a full-cost course at CSU Global.

RE: CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) - dfrecore - 11-15-2019

(11-14-2019, 07:59 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
Quote:Hi, I can't really speak to the they have been giving people grief part, but, all I had to do was ask to be signed up for the SSA and I was given a date to start. What SSA are you trying to take and maybe I can get you in touch with someone who hasn't given me any grief?

They told me that I could not sign up for an SSA unless I also enrolled in a full-cost course at CSU Global.

Sounds like the OP is a CSU-Global enrolled student who decided to take an SSA.