Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com exam cap? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com exam cap? (/Thread-Study-com-exam-cap)

Study.com exam cap? - AwardTour - 12-07-2019

Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.

RE: Study.com exam cap? - natshar - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 04:20 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.

It is your billing period, I believe. 

You get 2 free and you can purchase up to 3 more during each billing period.

RE: Study.com exam cap? - AwardTour - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 06:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 04:20 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.

It is your billing period, I believe. 

You get 2 free and you can purchase up to 3 more during each billing period.

Thanks for telling me.

RE: Study.com exam cap? - bjcheung77 - 12-07-2019

Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past. My billing period starts each 28th of the Month. I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th. On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

Another example, you did two exams on Dec 1, and two exams, Dec 2, and a fifth exam Dec 3, you have hit your quota for December - If your billing date/period starts Dec 5, you have 2 more exams you can take but you will be warned each time that you've done 5 exams for the month already, and you're allowed to continue with just those two exams.

RE: Study.com exam cap? - natshar - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 06:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past.  My billing period starts each 28th of the Month.  I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th.  On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

Another example, you did two exams on Dec 1, and two exams, Dec 2, and a fifth exam Dec 3, you have hit your quota for December - If your billing date/period starts Dec 5, you have 2 more exams you can take but you will be warned each time that you've done 5 exams for the month already, and you're allowed to continue with just those two exams.

wait really? thats confusing!

RE: Study.com exam cap? - AwardTour - 12-07-2019

(12-07-2019, 06:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past.  My billing period starts each 28th of the Month.  I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th.  On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

That sucks! Thanks for telling me. Well, I am approaching my transfer deadline and I am about to hit my Study.com cap at 5. I will need to make a choice between Organizational Behavior and Intro to Human Resources. I will decide which one looks tougher at WGU and then make a choice.