Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com exam cap?
Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.
WGU Bachelor of Science in Business - Information Technology Management {104 of 120 CUs Completed} 
TESU BSBA-CIS (Change of plans for a number of reasons. I made the switch to WGU!!!) 
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Credits: None of my credits from free credit sources transferred.

ALEKS: College Algebra transferred to fulfill both my College & Intermediate Algebra requirements.  

SOPHIA: 10 of 19 courses transferred. 

STUDY.COM: 14 of 18 courses transferred.

WGU: Critical Thinking and Logic – C168, Organizational Behavior – C715, Business of IT Applications – C179,
Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection – C234, Information Systems Management – C724, Business Strategy – C714,  
Change Management – C721,

currently working on: WGU Operations and Supply Chain Management – C720
(12-07-2019, 04:20 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.

It is your billing period, I believe. 

You get 2 free and you can purchase up to 3 more during each billing period.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • AwardTour, mysonx3
(12-07-2019, 06:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 04:20 PM)AwardTour Wrote: Is the 5 exam cap at Study.com per billing period,per calendar month, or per rolling 30 day period??? I completed an exam on Dec 2nd but that was one day before the next billing period. I did 2 exams after that. So for the month of December I have done 3 exams so far but I have only done 2 during the current billing period. Thanks.

It is your billing period, I believe. 

You get 2 free and you can purchase up to 3 more during each billing period.

Thanks for telling me.
WGU Bachelor of Science in Business - Information Technology Management {104 of 120 CUs Completed} 
TESU BSBA-CIS (Change of plans for a number of reasons. I made the switch to WGU!!!) 

ALEKS: College Algebra transferred to fulfill both my College & Intermediate Algebra requirements.  

WGU: Critical Thinking and Logic – C168, Organizational Behavior – C715, Business of IT Applications – C179,
Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection – C234, Information Systems Management – C724, Business Strategy – C714,  

Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past. My billing period starts each 28th of the Month. I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th. On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

Another example, you did two exams on Dec 1, and two exams, Dec 2, and a fifth exam Dec 3, you have hit your quota for December - If your billing date/period starts Dec 5, you have 2 more exams you can take but you will be warned each time that you've done 5 exams for the month already, and you're allowed to continue with just those two exams.
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour, mysonx3, natshar
(12-07-2019, 06:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past.  My billing period starts each 28th of the Month.  I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th.  On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

Another example, you did two exams on Dec 1, and two exams, Dec 2, and a fifth exam Dec 3, you have hit your quota for December - If your billing date/period starts Dec 5, you have 2 more exams you can take but you will be warned each time that you've done 5 exams for the month already, and you're allowed to continue with just those two exams.

wait really? thats confusing!
(12-07-2019, 06:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, the 5 exams is per every month - I've done this in the past.  My billing period starts each 28th of the Month.  I did 5 exams on June 27 and 28th.  On the 29th my membership renewed, I was warned I did 5 exams for the month already but was allowed to continue doing the extra 2 exams I had after it auto-renewed the membership.

That sucks! Thanks for telling me. Well, I am approaching my transfer deadline and I am about to hit my Study.com cap at 5. I will need to make a choice between Organizational Behavior and Intro to Human Resources. I will decide which one looks tougher at WGU and then make a choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 242 153,030 08-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com Discount gams007 24 1,370 08-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Study.com Pricing ss20ts 4 244 07-31-2020, 10:33 PM
Last Post: tallpilot
  Study.com Proctored Exam Grade Time? Kylana 23 1,088 07-31-2020, 10:26 PM
  Study.com to TESU clep3705 13 711 07-29-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Non Western History course on study.com Lacedonia4 7 308 07-28-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Study.com course extensions? Toastmaster 3 128 07-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
Question How good are the Study.com TECEP prep courses? Merlin 8 1,477 07-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Last Post: FMitchell5036
  Study.com testimonial tallpilot 12 513 07-25-2020, 06:28 PM
  How long on average to complete an UL course on Study.com? daharamu 10 432 07-20-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts