Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! (/Thread-Applied-to-Strayer-University-FREE-Winter-term)

Pages: 1 2

Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - bjcheung77 - 11-09-2020

Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - Seagull - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - rachel83az - 11-09-2020

Didn't you have Sophia before this year? I thought you didn't qualify for the free term if you had an older Sophia account.

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - ss20ts - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - MNomadic - 11-09-2020

How many courses is considered a full course load on their quarter system?

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - Seagull - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!
Is there a link that explains the requirements?

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - ylmir - 11-09-2020

Wonderful! I am about to apply, myself. I am hopeful the credits will transfer to a regionally accredited university in my area where I hope to finish my degree. I especially would like to see how the challenge exams go in that process. Looking forward to comparing notes here!

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - doom - 11-10-2020

(11-09-2020, 08:59 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

I have this one: https://start.strayer.edu/strayer-sophia-discount?MarketingCode=M429

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - Seagull - 11-10-2020

(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

I have this one: https://start.strayer.edu/strayer-sophia-discount?MarketingCode=M429
Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.

RE: Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! - doom - 11-10-2020

(11-10-2020, 06:06 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:

Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.

Unfortunately that's all I have. I'm pretty sure @bjcheung77 will provide further info as soon as he gets it.