Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term!
Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
In Progress: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?
Didn't you have Sophia before this year? I thought you didn't qualify for the free term if you had an older Sophia account.
In progress:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TESU - BA Computer Science

Completed:
Sophia (30 courses), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah, so, I missed the cut off date of November 2 for Walden.  So, I asked the admissions team at Walden to place my application on hold until I get back to them...  I just applied to Strayer University for their free winter term.  They sent me a questionnaire to fill out (man, same as what Purdue Global did for the free course).   I am waiting for them to get back to me but the term starts January 4th.   While I'm waiting, I'm just taking more Study.com courses for the extra learning...  I will update this thread with whatever updates I have from Strayer in regards to their free winter term... Yes, I asked about the Strayer Challenge Exams, let's see what they say!
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

UMPI: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors - Graduating March 2021

UMPI: MA in Organizational Studies - beginning March 2021

Community College: AS Individual Studies
Community College: AAS Business Administration

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Statistics, Human Biology

UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/
How many courses is considered a full course load on their quarter system?
Planning to transfer to WGU BSIT Feb 2021   

RA(42cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Most of them
Study.com(31cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101, CS107, CS 303, BUS 107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+
Google IT Support
Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals
Computer Science Fundamentals MicroBachelor(3cr)
*I think I'm updated... I really need to make an Omnitranscript to track everything....
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 05:39 PM)Seagull Wrote:
How is it free?

Strayer is offering a free Winter Term to people who joined Sophia during specific dates. There are all kinds of limits to the program. Lots of fine print. They sent an email to those who were qualified.

Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!
Is there a link that explains the requirements?
Wonderful! I am about to apply, myself. I am hopeful the credits will transfer to a regionally accredited university in my area where I hope to finish my degree. I especially would like to see how the challenge exams go in that process. Looking forward to comparing notes here!
(11-09-2020, 08:59 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

I have this one: https://start.strayer.edu/strayer-sophia...gCode=M429
   Plan:  TESU BACS [79/120]
Credits: ASU [22]: AST111, ENG101, ENG102, MAT117, MAT170, CSE110, MAT210
ALEKS [3]: Introduction to Statistics | CSMLearn [3]: The CSM Course | InstantCert [3]: American Government
Sophia [54]: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I/II, Conflict Resolution, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Intro to Ethics/IT/Psycho./Soc./Stats, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History I/II, Visual Comm., Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Student Success | The Institutes [3]: Ethics | Study.com [6]: CS111, CS303
(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 06:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Did you think they would give something away without requiring a thousand questions? Gotta collect their data somehow!

Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.
(11-10-2020, 06:06 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 02:41 AM)doom Wrote:

Thanks for the link.

How many courses one can take in this one term?

I wonder if one can take a bunch of upper division ones and transfer them.

And if it is a stand alone program, 
One doesnt have to continue with enrollment with strayer.

Unfortunately that's all I have. I'm pretty sure @bjcheung77 will provide further info as soon as he gets it.
   Plan:  TESU BACS [79/120]
Credits: ASU [22]: AST111, ENG101, ENG102, MAT117, MAT170, CSE110, MAT210
ALEKS [3]: Introduction to Statistics | CSMLearn [3]: The CSM Course | InstantCert [3]: American Government
Sophia [54]: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I/II, Conflict Resolution, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Intro to Ethics/IT/Psycho./Soc./Stats, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History I/II, Visual Comm., Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Student Success | The Institutes [3]: Ethics | Study.com [6]: CS111, CS303

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tulane University - Google Associate Cloud Engineer Course Free nyvrem 11 664 01-11-2021, 02:23 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 1,542 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
Lightbulb University of London - Graduate Diploma in Commercial Law (£2k GBP online, 1 year) nomaduser 1 174 12-29-2020, 12:24 AM
  Official University Certificate for $200 (best quality deal) Life Long Learning 32 2,328 12-09-2020, 03:59 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  University withholding transcript ImAllLikeYouWannaDoWat 61 3,716 12-06-2020, 10:36 PM
  Capella University FlexPath? nomaduser 36 1,528 11-30-2020, 07:31 PM
  First Year Free? Northern Studies - one year programme (online) bjcheung77 4 631 11-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Johann
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - IT - Excel Track cyberjosh95 14 2,035 11-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Clemson University Tax Course: $300 eriehiker 0 224 10-31-2020, 10:07 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Florida International University Online Degree ($10k! ACE accepted) nomaduser 14 1,188 10-08-2020, 10:45 AM