Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free or low cost Six Sigma White/Greenbelt Certification?
Hey folks, I figured I'd ask, does anyone know of any free or low cost certification programs for 6 Sigma certs? Villanova wants $7500 (last I checked) for their greenbelt program. Always looking for the best at the best price :-) Thank you for any help ad suggestions!
Toastmaster Wrote:Hey folks, I figured I'd ask, does anyone know of any free or low cost certification programs for 6 Sigma certs? Villanova wants $7500 (last I checked) for their greenbelt program. Always looking for the best at the best price :-) Thank you for any help ad suggestions!

There is free white belt, but anything else will cost you. I think this is the one.
FREE Six Sigma Certification for a LIMITED TIME
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I stumbled across a free yellow belt course accredited by PMI: Why get certified in Six Sigma?

It's a decent introduction to Six Sigma. I don't think it's going to land any jobs by itself, but it's at least a small talking point on your resume.

There's apparently a large contingent of people who look down upon the "white belt" certification as an unnecessary level below the introductory yellow belt course.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
You post is sort of confusing. Your thread title states you are looking for free or low cost, but your second to last sentence says the best at the best price. Those are two different things. Are we looking for cheap or best cost?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thank you this was excellent and easy.:hurray:

bjcheung77 Wrote:There is free white belt, but anything else will cost you. I think this is the one.
FREE Six Sigma Certification for a LIMITED TIME
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Prloko Wrote:You post is sort of confusing. Your thread title states you are looking for free or low cost, but your second to last sentence says the best at the best price. Those are two different things. Are we looking for cheap or best cost?

Cheap. In an ideal world I would go Villanove. However, "Cheap" is the name of the game :patriot: LOL.

Thank you bjcheung77 and dmjacobsen!
Awesome, I hadn't even heard of this. Am now a white belt. Will take the yellow belt when my brain has recovered. It's stuff like this that companies just love to see on a cv/resume. It screams I'm a dynamic go-getter who keeps up to date with the latest business trends and methodologies. Never mind that it only took me 30 minutes to complete. Smile
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I 
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University (freebie)
Certificate in Corporate Sustainability: Cornell University (freebie)
I have no idea what Six Sigma is, but I guess I'll find out next week when I get white and yellow belt certified for no reason
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Leedeedee Wrote:Awesome, I hadn't even heard of this. Am now a white belt. Will take the yellow belt when my brain has recovered. It's stuff like this that companies just love to see on a cv/resume. It screams I'm a dynamic go-getter who keeps up to date with the latest business trends and methodologies. Never mind that it only took me 30 minutes to complete. Smile

jsd Wrote:I have no idea what Six Sigma is, but I guess I'll find out next week when I get white and yellow belt certified for no reason

I'm sitting here laughing because even with everything else on my plate I was tempted to take this last night (never mind I have no idea what it is and I doubt it will benefit me in the real world -- although expanding my personal knowledge is always good) and it's great to be around others who do the same thing Smile
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Would Santa Fe Community College's ed2go course meet your needs? It's $99.

"Learn how to effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma. Understand how more than 25 tools and methods relate to the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) model. Determine the relationship of basic statistics to Six Sigma and learn about the Six Sigma business case including strategic planning, the voice of the customer (VOC), quality function deployment (QFD), benchmarking, and financial investment methods. Discover how to use brainstorming, Pareto charts, and critical to quality help define processes, problems, and opportunities. Master the use of other key tools such as cause and effect diagrams, checksheets, scatter diagrams, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and force field analysis.

In this six-week online course, you will learn how to apply the DMAIC model each step of the way. You'll learn how to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project. You'll also know how to use process capability and how to apply lean thinking. And you'll understand the basics of advanced Six Sigma tools such as sampling, design of experiments (DOE), analysis of variance (ANOVA), hypothesis testing, control charts, and probability distributions.

This course will help you prepare for the internationally-recognized Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQÂ)."
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,532 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 284 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,169 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 463 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 303 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 56 9,951 11-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  GCU fined for misleading cost estimates clep3705 2 375 11-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Cambridge Certification Authority ? pluggingalong 5 861 09-01-2023, 08:28 PM
  Over 25 in Massachusetts, Free Community College bjcheung77 0 568 08-25-2023, 04:41 PM
  California - Fall Is Free! bjcheung77 3 610 08-18-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader