Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Online learning courses format
#1
Hi all, this is a long shot but....I've just been taking (and passed) a AICPCU exam and I loved the learning format. It has online courses which replace the textbook. It has chapters and mini quizzes and each subject has all sorts of popups and "press this to get further information" "click to see an example" etc. It also then has multiple online practice tests you can take any time. Basically it's perfect for those of us who are a bit ADHD challenged.

My question is, does anyone know of any other ACE accredited or university courses that are in this format. I know there's the general ones like Khan academy for math etc but are there any where they provide online learning like this instead of books. I really want to take some more, but not really in the insurance field, hence I'm looking for another organization.

Thanks
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Technology Leadership: Cornell University***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

Reply
#2
I think TEEX and Kaplan PLA courses were similar to that.

I also liked Sophia (I took Project Management), it was all videos, no books, which was a nice change. There are others that are video-based with no books (JumpCourse, Study.com, LowCostGenEd, Ed4Credit, Propero, TorahCollegeCredits - I think all of these are but not 100% certain).

Saylor also doesn't require a book, but there are readings on the website. I think they might have videos as well, but it's not 100% video-based.

I think it would be more expensive to go this route 100%, but it might be worth it for some people (my kids will definitely be taking some of these as they get older, my daughter especially is not a strong reader, and neither likes textbooks).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply
#3
Thanks I'll take a look at some of these Smile
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Technology Leadership: Cornell University***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

Reply
#4
Leedeedee Wrote:Thanks I'll take a look at some of these Smile

Please let me know if I'm wrong about any of these being video-based, I will add that to my database (Excel spreadsheet)!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply
#5
I did a Propero course. It had interactive slides that you can click through. There were also audio files. There was a free e-book included. I used both the book and slides. The format was similar to some FEMA IS courses and the insurance ethics course. I took some courses through study.com (not for credit) and they were all videos with review questions.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Find coaching courses certainits 6 2,009 1 hour ago
Last Post: Anthona
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 3 3,604 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 71,963 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,822 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Thoughts on BYU Independent Study's religion courses? daydream 9 1,289 08-13-2026, 01:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,200 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  How Becoming Comfortably Uncomfortable Unlocks Learning LevelUP 0 369 06-30-2026, 06:47 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Restricting Social Media and AI for Young People: Effects on Learning and Networking? Jonathan Whatley 13 1,837 06-13-2026, 10:19 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  John Bear, 1938-2026, Author of Bear’s Guide to Distance Learning Jonathan Whatley 14 2,666 05-27-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: msganti
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,066 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)