Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SL Computer Courses: Information Tech Fundamentals and Intro to Programming Comp C++
#1
I accidentally posted this to the wrong category....

Does anyone have experience with one or both of these two courses from SL? If so, could you please share your thoughts....lessons, book, final exam, time frame, transfer to TESU and anything else?

I am searching for another science course for my 16 year old homeschooled son. He has already completed SL Chemistry I and is about to complete the last lab exam today. Would this even be a science? I was thinking of "computer science."

He is proficient on his own computer, as he is an avid gamer.

He's also already completed ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, and Statistics. Thanks for your help! Debbie
Reply
#2
There are a lot of posts here about the programming course: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ing-c.html

Reply
#3
Debbie, I bought my son the IT Fundamentals, which he'll start later this month. I haven't even opened it, but I'm happy to look anything up for you to help you decide. I hope it's not too terrible. My son doing it is my non-computer kid! I didn't sign him up for programming, just IT Fundamentals. Wink
Reply
#4
IT Fundamentals: Thanks Jennifer! One comment I heard is that the course is not "StraighterLine-ish" .... meaning, because SL does not provide the instruction as in the other courses they offer, it can be more of a challenge. What do you notice as you browse through the lessons? Thanks!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 864 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,192 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 793 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,396 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,437 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  3 Credit Undergrad Courses - $500 MEarlBITW 1 1,157 03-12-2026, 09:53 PM
Last Post: wow
  2026 Saylor CS302 Software Engineering and CS402 Computer Communications and Networks animuscerebri 6 2,268 02-13-2026, 04:39 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  AA Degree @ TESU - help with choosing courses kevinmane 3 1,721 12-09-2025, 02:43 PM
Last Post: n0fx
Information New Sophia Course - Computer Applications (1 Credit LL) Ares 2 1,748 12-01-2025, 10:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 405 630,134 11-27-2025, 02:20 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)