Posts: 45
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Aug 2008
nick94 Wrote:What does LaNier mean?
French occupational name for Woolworker. Not as eccentric as I'd imagine, but whatever
[SIZE="1"]In Progress:
BA Social Science - Brandman University
18 EXAMS PASSED! (60 credits)
English Comp w/ Essay
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
Intro to World Religions
Technical Writing
Public Speaking/Speech
Info Systems & Computer Applications
Intro to Computing
Astronomy
Environment & Humanity
Principles of Management
Principles of Supervision
Principles of Marketing
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Sociology
Lifespan Developmental Psychology
Fundamentals of Counseling
Law Enforcement
Criminal Justice
[/SIZE]
•
Posts: 410
Threads: 18
Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Apr 2009
LANIER Wrote:French occupational name for Woolworker. Not as eccentric as I'd imagine, but whatever  Cool! My last name means "Spring Farm" (As in water) Not sure where that came from!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]
CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
•
Posts: 229
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Jan 2009
nick94 Wrote:Cool! My last name means "Spring Farm" (As in water) Not sure where that came from!
hehe... mine means "field of barley."  And my first name is a region in France... thankfully, my middle name is a little more redeeming--it means 'elder sister' (which is true) or 'keeper of the keys.'
~Brittany
From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!
AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
•
Posts: 396
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Mar 2007
My last name needs no explanation: Rust.
•
Posts: 4,424
Threads: 206
Likes Received: 105 in 45 posts
Likes Given: 757
Joined: Feb 2006
[COLOR="Navy"]Bump....
This thread is somewhat of an oldie but a goodie and I hope that some of our newer members will shed some light on their respective names....[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!
Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here ---> http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
•
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Mar 2010
Librevore Wrote:My name is probably pretty obvious. I would "starve to death" without a steady diet of good books. I have even been known to buy a book before food so "bookeater" just seemed appropriate. Instead of being an omnivore I'm a librevore.
Kate
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 'librevore'. I shall totally use that. Â Kate, of course....
in response to the actual question... My name's Hannah. most people call me Hanni. Hanniribi.. Hammurabi.. Cheesy, I know XD
•
Posts: 587
Threads: 21
Likes Received: 1 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Oct 2009
PonyGirl is pretty self-explanatory, although there is another explanation if you're familiar with the horse world... There's a horse trainer named GaWaNi Pony Boy (who I was totally obsessed with when I was younger!!! I collected articles about him and put them on my wall, and I got to meet him & get his autograph and I was grinning from ear to ear :p ) So PonyGirl is kind of a for-good-old-times-sake  93 is obviously the year I was born...
My real name is Julie, but most people call me Jo. My last name is hyphenated (thanks mom!! :ack: ), which really confuses people  , so I usually go by Julie W-A in real life [:
TESC Criminal Justice BA '12
B&M Civil Engineering BS (In Progress)
•
Posts: 518
Threads: 21
Likes Received: 1 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Apr 2009
Okay, I like this topic
My user name is Tasman. I use this for all my usernames etc. It is in reference to my direct descendant Abel Tasman..who discovered New Zealand, Australia and has other places names after him, Tasmania, Tasman Sea. He is my Great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather.
My first name is Gavin. It is of scottish and welsh origin meaning 'white falcon'
My surname is McGregor. Obviously originates from Scotland, and it simply means 'son of Gregory'...whoever he was?!
Set yourself goals, not limitations
•
Posts: 300
Threads: 16
Likes Received: 0 in 0 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Feb 2009
Mine is an effort of homage to the land of my birth... Jacan is short for Jamaican and Yardie also refers to a Jamaican....
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]
TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
âI think therefore I amâ Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I canât... and the wisdom to know the difference". [/SIZE][/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
•
Posts: 170
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2 in 1 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Jan 2010
Zsa Zsa brings to mind a fluffy blonde with attitude...right dahlings? However... the real Zsa Zsa is my demented half-Siamese pictured on all my posts. She is fluffy and brims with "cattitude"...but we're not blonde.
I borrow her demeanor when I need some attitude of my own-but real name is LaVonda.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" Clairee in "Steel Magnolias"
BA General Studies COSC 5/31/15
COSC Cornerstone A 10/2013, Capstone A 11/2014
UExel- Social Psych A, Psych of A and A- A, Research Methods/Psych B, Pathophysiology A.
FEMA- 27, NFA-Q118, Q 534, Q137 and Q318
Clep- 2008 Humanities 75, 2009 Intro Sociology 67, US History I 69, US History II 61, American Lit. 71, Analyze & Int. Lit. 75, 2011 Western Civ. ll 58, Social Science 67
DSST-2010 HTYH 463, Ethics in America 433, Sub. Abuse 444, 2011 Art of the Western World 67, Civil War and Recon. 58, Org. Behavior 64, 2010 Env. and Humanity 68, Hist. of the Vietnam War 76, 2011 Intro World Religions 451, 2013 Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 62, Technical Writing 60, Business Ethics and Society 449.
TEEX- 2013 Cyber Security classes x 3
DACC and IU: Speech, Psych, Rhetoric, Creative Writing
•
|