Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Missed by One Point
#4
authorized77 Wrote:My goodness, I am so disappointed. I took Human Growth and Development this morning and missed my school's cutoff (63) by one point. Sad

I don't know how I'm going to drive home, even (it's an hour back). I'm so bummed.

What do you guys do after "failing"?


AWWWWW.. I am so sorry that you missed the cutoff, but I agree with Linda in that it is unusually high. As you can see from the tests in my signature, I would have never graduated if COSC hadn't used the ACE recommended score for my tests.

I did fail Macroecon and scored a 48 when 50 is passing. It was embarrassing failing a test that I knew wasn't one of the tough ones and definitely a big bruise to my ego. I spent the next few weeks on Straighterline and that helped take my mind off of it. I also wondered if I would be able to pass other tests after that.... perhaps I had gotten lucky on the previous tests I had taken?

It was tough to get back on the wagon after failing, but it did improve my study habits after that. I don't think it sounds like you need to improve a lot, after all, by almost anyone's standards YOU PASSED. However, if your school has ridiculously high scoring, then you'll need to take study to the next level. Or, you may want to consider other ways to earn the same type of credit such as the self-paced classes from CSU or LSU. Are the passing scores for all of the DSST/CLEP that they accept so high?
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin


My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Missed by One Point - by authorized77 - 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Missed by One Point - by Lindagerr - 06-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Missed by One Point - by STG - 06-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Missed by One Point - by akeefe3133 - 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Missed by One Point - by LaterBloomer - 06-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Missed by One Point - by cookderosa - 06-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Missed by One Point - by jobee - 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Missed by One Point - by authorized77 - 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Missed by One Point - by authorized77 - 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Missed by One Point - by Lindagerr - 06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Missed by One Point - by Slg122170 - 06-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Missed by One Point - by burbuja0512 - 06-17-2011, 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Should a 10-Point Grading Scale Be The Standard? Ares 9 10,082 10-09-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Degree Mills that were accredited at some point? elcastor21 1 2,941 09-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missed NJDOE GPA for CE by .15! NEED ADVISE ASAP! PLEASE HELP! mel_y_mel 35 9,655 10-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Catch me up, I feel I missed so much AJ_Atlanta 13 5,316 12-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Failed Clep Exam by one point lolo 5 5,632 04-10-2017, 06:31 AM
Last Post: [email protected]
  Can anyone point me in the right direction? LI94 3 2,136 05-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Failed CLEP Macro Economics by ONE point cooperalex2004 10 3,370 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  Omg! Failed American Govt by ONE POINT! nadalcyn 12 3,923 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: nadalcyn
  I Missed My Test!!!!!! kimaya24 7 2,887 03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Storyteller
  Missed Spanish Clep by two points. Teach2Reach 6 3,024 10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: NAP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)