02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM by cookderosa.)
lilacskin Wrote:They all keep giving me the run around. Telling me to go from one office to the next. Everything I see on the website and handbook doesn't really specify amount of credits.
Here is a link Assessment of Prior Experiences for Academic Credit | NSU Transfer Evaluation Services for Undergraduate Students
It's like they don't want to tell me.
Ok, so it looks like you have to couple that page with the transfer policy page in order to get the full info.
So, first, you must complete 12 credits in house before they accept anything. (ok, no big deal) At that point, you open the door to bring in your credit for eval. If you wait until you've earned 24 credits in house, that door closes and you're SOL. (kinda sneaky, but not a huge deal as long as you find out how this works. For example, if you complete semester 1 for 12 credits, do you then submit CLEP transcripts or is it ok to register for next term? If you are registered for next term, it could look like 24 credits and you'd be left out- I'd ask for clarity with that tiny distinction)
Using their table, you can figure out ahead of time what they'll take and where it will go for credit. The cap is 90 if I remember correctly, so you'll have to figure out how close you can get to 90 using their chart.
If you're enrolling full time each term, this is going to require fancy dancing- but if you're only taking 3 or 6 credits, it buys you more time. It also looks like your school has a specific department that you need to deal directly with "Transfer Evaluation Services" will make the call on credit transfer.
OH and I wanted to say, never - ever- in my whole life- have I known what DSST stood for until I followed your link
Digital Systems Substitution Test. DSST. Huh, learn something new every day.

![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)