06-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Most of us here are working adults and have families to provide for. Discrete math and linear algebra may take up most of your time honestly. So far I'm finding that Linear algebra is a bit easier than discrete math because the first sections on systems of equations and augmented matrices are covered at the end of a college algebra course. Discrete math on the other hand introduced a different way to look at math. There will be a tiny overlap between the concepts of calc III and linear algebra, so you could take them concurrently.
Overall you will just need to test your limits (pun intended), and take 3 upper courses and see how well you do. Its more than possible, but ultimately it depends on you.
One last tip, take the Online version not the guided study. If you get stuck on a problem or concept, its good to be able to make a discussion post and get feedback vs just relying on the mentor. I took discrete math and calc II guided study, if I could go back I would have taken the online versions. (on the other hand, Comp Arch, Data structs, AI, operating systems etc are fine as guided study courses)
Overall you will just need to test your limits (pun intended), and take 3 upper courses and see how well you do. Its more than possible, but ultimately it depends on you.
One last tip, take the Online version not the guided study. If you get stuck on a problem or concept, its good to be able to make a discussion post and get feedback vs just relying on the mentor. I took discrete math and calc II guided study, if I could go back I would have taken the online versions. (on the other hand, Comp Arch, Data structs, AI, operating systems etc are fine as guided study courses)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)