07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
dloth Wrote:Hi all, I just joined IC an I am totally amazed at the resources that I am seeing! Wow!! But it is all so confusing for me too - I am trying to make sense of it all - probably trying to read it all too quickly..lol..
From what I am reading, basically its Excelsior and Thomas Edison that one can basically test out of all classes for a degree? I am looking to pull all my credits together and put them towards one degree asap....any suggestions would be appreciated.
To start?? choose Excesior or Thomas Edison? then send them my transcripts? Would an advisor help me decide which degree I am the closes to completing or is that all up to me?
Welcome to the group!! I think you'll find the people on this board quite knowledgable and willing to help answer your questions. Whichever school you choose, you have to apply first. I think it partially depends on the degree you're working toward. For me, after planning to go through, Thomas Edison, I switched to Excelsior due to a number of reasons, but the main reason was student services. I would recommend doing a search on these forums for some of your topics. Chances are, it's been discussed before, with every possible alternative being discussed as well. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
On a personal note, I recommend Excelsior. You send in the app & fee, then send all your transcripts there for evaluation. Then it's simply a waiting game. They'll let you know when they've reached a decision.
Matymus Primehilarious Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008
Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)