I had to go back to high school math with Aleks and work my way back up to college algebra from there in order to take statistics. I had forgotten so much, I couldn't even remember how to multiply fractions. Lol. I do feel statistics was really hard but the brush up from high school math and taking very small steps was enjoyable. I think the Aleks explanations for statistics were lacking and you might really enjoy having an instructor.
Also, I'm am advocate of high repetition when it comes to math. If something seems hard, often the steps just prior haven't solidified yet. I guess I got this from my mom who had me to through EVERY problem in Saxon math books. I did am hour of math every morning year round, even in the summer! I wouldn't say I was naturally good at it, I was just extremely well trained.
Don't give up. Figure out where you are with math and start building from there. Clearly you are dedicated and talented or you wouldn't have made it this far!
I don't know all the ins and outs of TESC policy, but the question you might want to ask is how long is it going to take me to get my math skills up to speed? Perhaps you need a couple of semesters with a live instructor before even starting college algebra?
If this is the case, perhaps you would be better off allowing your enrollment to lapse at TESC and then pay the $3K in a few months when you've successfully tackled those math topics. I'd hate to see you pay more money at TESC and not be done in a year because more preparation time was needed.
I don't know if there are any negative consequences to allowing your enrollment to lapse...
Also, I'm am advocate of high repetition when it comes to math. If something seems hard, often the steps just prior haven't solidified yet. I guess I got this from my mom who had me to through EVERY problem in Saxon math books. I did am hour of math every morning year round, even in the summer! I wouldn't say I was naturally good at it, I was just extremely well trained.
Don't give up. Figure out where you are with math and start building from there. Clearly you are dedicated and talented or you wouldn't have made it this far!
I don't know all the ins and outs of TESC policy, but the question you might want to ask is how long is it going to take me to get my math skills up to speed? Perhaps you need a couple of semesters with a live instructor before even starting college algebra?
If this is the case, perhaps you would be better off allowing your enrollment to lapse at TESC and then pay the $3K in a few months when you've successfully tackled those math topics. I'd hate to see you pay more money at TESC and not be done in a year because more preparation time was needed.
I don't know if there are any negative consequences to allowing your enrollment to lapse...
BSU -ABA Certificate Program --In Progress
BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!
AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old
DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100
BSBA from TESC Sept 2014
I completed 63 credits in 15 weeks using this forum!
AAS -Web Design 2003
82.5 BM credits over 10 years old
DSST: 2012 -Geology 58; 2014 -Money and Banking 64, Ethics in America 465, Intro to Computing 474, Business Ethics & Society 453, Human Resource Management 64, Organizational Behavior 68, Management Information Systems 461
CLEP: 2013 -Sociology 58, US History I 65; 2014 Macroeconomics 71, Microeconomics 66, Principles of Management 72, Business Law 67
SAYLOR: 2014 -Principles of Marketing 80%, -Corporate Communication 74%
ALEKS: Introduction to Statistics 76% (23 hours study time over 5 days)
Empire State College PLA of Saylor Small Bus. Man. 4 Upper Level Credits Awarded
Straighterline: ACC I 90.1%, ACC II 82.2%
PennFoster -Strategic Management 93%, Financial Management 97%, Consumer Behavior 94%, Advertising 93%
TECEP using IC flashcards: Public Relations Thought and Practice 78%
TESC PLA 100


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)