Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
College Mathematics
#2
studyhard Wrote:Aggh, I'm so fuzzy on this. This is a problem from the CLEP practice test. I'm putting parenthesis around things that are exponents, since there's no way to denote them:


If 8(x) = 15 and 8(y) = 25, then 8(2x +y) = ??????

I can't for the life of me remember how to work this problem and digging through my old math books shed no light. Any ideas?

Did you mean
8^x = 15
8^y = 25
8^(2x+y) = ??

I couldn't figure it out either, but I posted this on another forum and they said,

"since 8x = 15 ... 82x = (8x)2 = 152.

82x+y = 82x*8y = 152*25"

Hope this helps!:o
Reply


Messages In This Thread
College Mathematics - by studyhard - 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
College Mathematics - by DixieGirl - 07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
College Mathematics - by wannabeit - 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
College Mathematics - by tryingtesc - 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
College Mathematics - by tryingtesc - 07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
College Mathematics - by radyogyrl - 07-27-2007, 06:23 PM
College Mathematics - by sgloer - 07-27-2007, 07:14 PM
College Mathematics - by sgloer - 07-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question of college algebra inertia2018 3 4,821 05-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College Algebra Factoring Snickerdoodle 5 4,529 09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Snickerdoodle
  College Algebra, What is this? CLEP101 4 4,619 08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Last Post: nj593

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)