01-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Leherself Wrote:The author seems to be mostly talking about academic graduate schools, and not professional degrees. In that case, I largely agree. Graduate degrees that don't directly lead to a new job or promotion seem to mostly be a luxury item - if you can't afford it, don't go.
Entry level professional degrees are a totally different thing though. Becoming a qualified clinician, therapist, lawyer, teacher - a lot of these programs are entry level Masters and/or Doctorate programs now, as bachelor's degrees get more and more devalued. It's still worth being sensible about cost of course (don't go $400k into debt for a gorram teaching degree, for instance), but the return on investment is much more predictable.
I'm not sure where the MBA lands on that scale though.
The MBA is considered a professional degree only because it's an applied subject, but it's different from the ones that specifically qualify you for an occupational license. Whether you'll get a good ROI with an MBA is hit or miss unless you attended one of the top business schools.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)