Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Review of Straighterline's Microbiology Course
#5
cookderosa Wrote:as much as I loved my microbiology lab course (I did it distance learning via Ocean) I'm all about open book quizzes. (I feel icky saying it, but it would be nice to have a list of open book exam classes.....)

My dual enrollment kids are having plenty of open book exams at their CC (mainly for classes like chem and accounting this semester at least). I was surprised at first.

The way I look at it now that I've gotten used to it is that a student will still have to study to know where to look in the textbook for answers. And not everyone is a good test taker even if they know the topic well, right?

So I wouldn't feel too strange about a list like that. Sounds like a good idea actually. Smile
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius



B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Review of Straighterline's Microbiology Course - by Mamasaphire - 04-08-2016, 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 2,619 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 2,292 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Education Department to review guidance allowing revenue-share agreements with OPMs LevelUP 0 1,427 02-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia review Pre-WGU gams007 0 2,040 02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 3,647 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Institution or Professor review websites bjcheung77 2 8,256 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 2,246 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 8,129 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Arkansas State online MPA Review cardiacclep 22 17,661 06-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 2,852 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)