Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Language-related question
#3
I work in an office where the secretary/administrator speaks some Portuguese. Connected to our office is another one, run by a man who speaks some Spanish.

I showed them an excerpt of the text (from this person's Web site). The two people decided -- it's not Portuguese! It's similar, but not quite. Well, I looked and found that it's Catalonian! Kind of like a dialect of Spanish, but not actually.

That's an even more uncommon language, I think. I'm guessing no one here speaks it -- or knows anyone who does. (But correct me if I'm wrong!) Hmm. I was thinking of perhaps getting in touch with one of the English-speaking contributors/editors to the Catalan-language version of Wikipedia. I've found a few such people. Any thoughts on how to ask such a favor?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Language-related question - by cucalorus - 11-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Language-related question - by Archelous - 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Language-related question - by cucalorus - 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trivia question: Name the 5 great lakes of North America? LevelUP 12 943 08-29-2026, 10:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Education-Related Resolutions? wow 10 3,612 01-08-2026, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  To 16e or not 16e - That is the question... bjcheung77 4 2,740 03-13-2025, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Fun Viral TikTok Question Riddles LevelUP 18 11,014 05-10-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  To defend or not to defend, that is the question! bjcheung77 4 2,342 02-21-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 1,440 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Resume Question ROYISAGIRL 11 3,980 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Another job application question carebear_007 4 2,361 04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 1,520 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Language learning bundle rachel83az 4 3,295 12-17-2021, 11:49 PM
Last Post: DanielDaCosta87

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)