Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Difficulty or ease of Grad School options from TESU BA/BS experience?
#5
She can absolutely get into an MBA program...or most other Masters programs form TESC. There are a lot of options to weigh however. I have a WGU MBA but I WOULD NOT recommend it to my 18 year old daughter. One important element of an MBA is the networking potential of the school, WGU almost completely lacks any legitimate networking and their idea of graduate placement is essentially workign through an online proprietary version of the book "What Color is Your Parachute". Its ridiculous.

There is a poster here on these boards who used a credit by exam style (I believe a TESC) degree to get into a top 50 MBA program. I know of another who managed to get into the International MBA at Duke. Note that most top schools will require some work/leadership experience...so there isn't necessarily a big hurry. A young person should pursue their advanced degree at the best school possible that won't leave them in debt. I like name brand schools, flagship State Universities, well known regional players, schools with big football teams. An advanced degree is a bit of a different beast.

She might also take a look at the MS Management or Finance from Harvard Extension.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Difficulty or ease of Grad School options from TESU BA/BS experience? - by rebel100 - 01-31-2017, 11:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conversion/transfer options from ENEB into another uni to be awarded their Masters? DegreeNerd 27 1,807 10-04-2026, 07:49 AM
Last Post: jfreemansh
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 783 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 35 17,616 06-21-2026, 10:02 AM
Last Post: wow
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,405 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,117 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Next Steps After UMPI: Considering Law School CFPhopeful 6 1,752 03-10-2026, 10:02 AM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
Heart My experience with Newlane flan_eur 15 8,047 02-12-2026, 01:36 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 35 33,427 01-26-2026, 04:18 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Italian Online Master in Economics & Finance for 4.5k from a Top-School David1477 26 17,412 12-12-2025, 07:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Nexford University Individual NA Grad and Undergrad Courses, ~$500 Each Jonathan Whatley 0 1,550 11-14-2025, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)