02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
As most of you know, ALEKS's ACE recommendation is set to expire tomorrow. I talked with ACE and they told me that they have done all they can on their end. They are waiting for ALEKS to submit the rest of the requested documentation to ACE for review. Seems ACE needs info on the past 2 years of the tests taken and that's a lot of data to compile. ALEKS has been sending it over in chunks, but it hasn't been completed and they have missed their last 2 deadlines (as noted by the ACE extensions). If they can meet the current deadline (tomorrow), ACE will extend during the review period. But if not, then the expiration holds. Then they would have to go though complete re-certification for the courses. ACE didn't seem too positive about ALEKS being able to meet the deadline, but suggested calling them to voice customer concerns.
I then called ALEKS and the agent I talked with was very nice and knew about the problem, but had no further information for me. He sent a note to his supervisor and also added me to an on-going list of people calling about this issue. He did try to find more answers for me, but it didn't sound very positive. He said that enrolled students could keep learning math after tomorrow, but that it wouldn't garner ACE credit
However, he urged me to keep checking back today and tomorrow and have others do the same. Perhaps that might encourage ALEKS to gather the rest of the data before the deadline??
My son is currently trying to earn ALEKS credit to finish his BS, but it's moving very slowly since he's working a lot of overtime right now and hasn't done math in about 10 years :-( He only needs 2 math and 1 science with lab to finish. He doesn't know if he can get up to College Algebra level (the lowest his B&M will accept) and complete it by tomorrow, so we have a personal stake in this as well.
Here is the number that I used: (714) 245-7191 Then I just followed the prompts to get to someone who understood why I was calling.
Thanks for spreading the word!
Julie
I then called ALEKS and the agent I talked with was very nice and knew about the problem, but had no further information for me. He sent a note to his supervisor and also added me to an on-going list of people calling about this issue. He did try to find more answers for me, but it didn't sound very positive. He said that enrolled students could keep learning math after tomorrow, but that it wouldn't garner ACE credit
However, he urged me to keep checking back today and tomorrow and have others do the same. Perhaps that might encourage ALEKS to gather the rest of the data before the deadline??My son is currently trying to earn ALEKS credit to finish his BS, but it's moving very slowly since he's working a lot of overtime right now and hasn't done math in about 10 years :-( He only needs 2 math and 1 science with lab to finish. He doesn't know if he can get up to College Algebra level (the lowest his B&M will accept) and complete it by tomorrow, so we have a personal stake in this as well.
Here is the number that I used: (714) 245-7191 Then I just followed the prompts to get to someone who understood why I was calling.
Thanks for spreading the word!
Julie


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)