lol, no wonder your post comes across so odd -- you're a person with a chip on their shoulder who is also misinformed/has some misconceptions about the person they're addressing. never a good look.
You're trying to throw a lot out here, so i'll try to break it down as much as I can so I address your points.
That's the nature of a forum. Not every person has every source memorized, everyone credit value at the tip of their mind, nor is obligated to respond to every single point. I only skimmed the op and jumped in because bjcheung77 mentioned me by name, referring to my degree plan for which there are about to be better options for. It was relevant.
Heaven forbid anyone have a preference that is not the same as your own. many people, like you, enjoy CLEP exams. Many people enjoy other options. You don't have to take it as a personal affront that people have a different opinion than you.
Where in the world are you seeing this? People like different options for different reasons. That's why we always include CLEP or DSST in the list of every other alternative we know when we build degree plans and such. Someone giving their reasoning for their preference is not an attack on the option they don't prefer. You and many people prefer CLEP and this forum is very CLEP-focused. You might consider spending more time here to get familiar with the community.
I've never taken a CLEP exam, and since I have all of the alternative credit I need at this point, I can't see why I ever would going forward. And I've given my reasoning for this in this very thread -- It's more convenient, cheaper, and the focused nature of the studying is better for my particular style of learning. I don't want to wing the study material on my own. That being said, other than my personal preference, I have never said CLEP is a bad option in general. It's just not one I would use. But I have often given it as a great option for people who prefer that route, and have never spoken poorly of people who works better for. I would have been much more willing to take CLEP exams if they allowed for home-proctoring. The closest proctor centers to me are not very close at all, are expensive, and the three times I've used 2 of them for three separate industy certification exams (where home proctoring wasn't an option), the experience was trash. If your proctor center is close and you have good experiences with them, that's a great option... for you.
You misread this, obviously. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since that thread reads funny since KayV deleted his post and it throws off the reading. But in the original context of the thread, I was replying to how convenient it was that user David Vise was using the girl's question to tee off his stupid spam link. David Vise has spammed this forum before, and it's fair if you're not familiar with this, I don't expect you to have read every spam post ever made around here. KayV's post initially had that context.
So which company do you think I work for? That's a long con, seeing how involved I've been with this community, maintaining the wiki, posting here regularly, and giving constant options from various sources. Do I work for all of them? I can't wait for my paycheck, sounds like it will be huge.
In this thread alone I've suggested three separate institutions. My degree plan mentioned at the beginning of this thread mentions over a dozen institutions (including CLEP which apparently is the only one we should ever mention). My most recent posts these days have been very heavy on recommending WGU. Have they hired me? In the past I was big into TorCC/Davar, but am a little sour on them currently after they had a rep come spam the forum last week. Did they fire me? I've had good experiences with Study.com, so I recommend them highly. Did they hire me because I liked the three courses I took with them?
If you have spent any time following my post history here, it's pretty clear I'm not a paid shill for some big alternative credit cabal, and the implication is laughable. That being said, if any of these companies want to pay me for all of free recommendations i've been making, i'm all ears (and ready to cash my check).
Now if you excuse me, I have to go put the time i spent typing this post onto my ACE time-sheet. $$$
You're trying to throw a lot out here, so i'll try to break it down as much as I can so I address your points.
Ars457123 Wrote:There was nothing about my post that was odd. What is 'odd' is that it took to the 20th post for someone to tell the OP that he had a mistake. A&I literature and English Comp are six credits; should have been the first thing people wrote,
That's the nature of a forum. Not every person has every source memorized, everyone credit value at the tip of their mind, nor is obligated to respond to every single point. I only skimmed the op and jumped in because bjcheung77 mentioned me by name, referring to my degree plan for which there are about to be better options for. It was relevant.
Ars457123 Wrote:but how will that help study.com, our number one priority?
Heaven forbid anyone have a preference that is not the same as your own. many people, like you, enjoy CLEP exams. Many people enjoy other options. You don't have to take it as a personal affront that people have a different opinion than you.
Ars457123 Wrote:What's also odd is that every post about CLEP is talked down to such an extent that people aren't even allowed to name CLEP tests as an alternative without a group of the same posters coming and going on about the corporate online classes being so easy and convenient with the ham-fisted and heavy implication that CLEPs are not
Where in the world are you seeing this? People like different options for different reasons. That's why we always include CLEP or DSST in the list of every other alternative we know when we build degree plans and such. Someone giving their reasoning for their preference is not an attack on the option they don't prefer. You and many people prefer CLEP and this forum is very CLEP-focused. You might consider spending more time here to get familiar with the community.
Ars457123 Wrote:like how would you even know! Your sig has where you earned the credits for and I don't see CLEP anywhere.
I've never taken a CLEP exam, and since I have all of the alternative credit I need at this point, I can't see why I ever would going forward. And I've given my reasoning for this in this very thread -- It's more convenient, cheaper, and the focused nature of the studying is better for my particular style of learning. I don't want to wing the study material on my own. That being said, other than my personal preference, I have never said CLEP is a bad option in general. It's just not one I would use. But I have often given it as a great option for people who prefer that route, and have never spoken poorly of people who works better for. I would have been much more willing to take CLEP exams if they allowed for home-proctoring. The closest proctor centers to me are not very close at all, are expensive, and the three times I've used 2 of them for three separate industy certification exams (where home proctoring wasn't an option), the experience was trash. If your proctor center is close and you have good experiences with them, that's a great option... for you.
Ars457123 Wrote:Is that why you were sneering "convenient" at that poor girl who wanted some help?
You misread this, obviously. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since that thread reads funny since KayV deleted his post and it throws off the reading. But in the original context of the thread, I was replying to how convenient it was that user David Vise was using the girl's question to tee off his stupid spam link. David Vise has spammed this forum before, and it's fair if you're not familiar with this, I don't expect you to have read every spam post ever made around here. KayV's post initially had that context.
Ars457123 Wrote:Afraid it would cut into your market share?
So which company do you think I work for? That's a long con, seeing how involved I've been with this community, maintaining the wiki, posting here regularly, and giving constant options from various sources. Do I work for all of them? I can't wait for my paycheck, sounds like it will be huge.
In this thread alone I've suggested three separate institutions. My degree plan mentioned at the beginning of this thread mentions over a dozen institutions (including CLEP which apparently is the only one we should ever mention). My most recent posts these days have been very heavy on recommending WGU. Have they hired me? In the past I was big into TorCC/Davar, but am a little sour on them currently after they had a rep come spam the forum last week. Did they fire me? I've had good experiences with Study.com, so I recommend them highly. Did they hire me because I liked the three courses I took with them?
If you have spent any time following my post history here, it's pretty clear I'm not a paid shill for some big alternative credit cabal, and the implication is laughable. That being said, if any of these companies want to pay me for all of free recommendations i've been making, i'm all ears (and ready to cash my check).
Now if you excuse me, I have to go put the time i spent typing this post onto my ACE time-sheet. $$$
Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021
Western Governors University
MBA IT Management, 2026
BS IT Security, 2018
Northwestern California University School of Law
1L 20cr completed, withdrew from school, 2023-24
Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023
Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015
Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 87
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021
Western Governors University
MBA IT Management, 2026
BS IT Security, 2018
Northwestern California University School of Law
1L 20cr completed, withdrew from school, 2023-24
Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023
Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015
Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 87
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)