03-24-2017, 08:23 AM
dfrecore Wrote:Obviously a test itself is going to be faster than a course - except if you don't know the info on the test, in which case you could spend weeks studying for it.
All in all, I always say take a test (especially Saylor) if you already know the material - I went on a single day and took 2 CLEP's and 2 DSST's, and passed all of them cold.
But that won't always be the case for everyone.
It also isn't the case that a test is very convenient for everyone, so that's a factor as well. Or if you're test-phobic. Or just don't test well. Other things like that.
I want everyone to know that this NOT the case. The idea that you should only take CLEP if you already know the material is an outright lie. Not a difference of opinion, not based on " you could spend weeks studying" not ANYTHING of the sort.
The idea that you're either passing tests cold, or you're spending weeks studying is false. This person will whine and say something like- I said you could spend weeks studying for it- but how likely is that? Long on to the Specific Exam Feedback section to see that studying multiple weeks is NOT the norm. Most people there study in about a week, some less.
Of course, that Study.com and Straighterline could also take weeks is NEVER mentioned!


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)