Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pre-approval of classes?
#1
Is it typical for colleges to refuse to give any answers about the transfer of classes you haven't taken yet?  I asked explicitly if Ashford will accept certain courses for particular requirements, telling the advisor outright that I wanted to know before I took them if they'll transfer or if they'd be a waste of time.  The advisor just said they can do a pre-evaluation of my unofficial transcripts.  Is that typical, or should I push back?  I'd really rather not wait until after I've invested (time and money) in a class to find out they won't accept it.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Pre-approval of classes? - by a2jc4life - 09-30-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by a2jc4life - 09-30-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by sanantone - 09-30-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by sanantone - 09-30-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by Ideas - 10-01-2017, 05:13 AM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by harrypotter - 05-13-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by Merlin - 05-13-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by rachel83az - 05-14-2020, 03:37 AM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by harrypotter - 05-14-2020, 03:43 AM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by udi - 05-14-2020, 06:32 AM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by rachel83az - 05-14-2020, 10:23 AM
RE: Pre-approval of classes? - by udi - 05-14-2020, 01:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for a school for science classes like Chem Heath 4 2,041 01-25-2026, 08:36 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Need Classes Now malakaka 8 2,073 12-20-2025, 11:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I need cheap classes to boost GPA introsequence 25 14,151 06-09-2025, 08:21 AM
Last Post: KagomeH
Lightbulb I traveled the world while taking OL classes because it was cheaper than room & board LevelUP 3 2,593 04-09-2025, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Haddep
  Franklin U $5250/yr unlimited classes for union members & families wow 2 2,260 10-31-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: wow
  Need Music Classes Firedup4Jesus 15 6,400 05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: amomwholearns
  Any leads on cheap-ish studio art classes? RachelB 6 3,724 05-13-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 9,089 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 3,008 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PowerBi Classes ashkir 0 2,351 01-25-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)