Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
English Comp 1 - Avoid Penn Foster
#8
My younger son is going to just do the rest of his associates degree courses at Ashworth, otherwise I'd look into Ed4Credit. My older son had no problems with the MIS course - he wanted to knock that one out prior to enrolling at WGU even though it turned out he'd have had plenty of time to finish it in his one term there. He said it wasn't bad at all, it was very straightforward and didn't have any busywork. I can't recall if he took it before or after 3/1 but I'll ask him to check.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes rowan555's post:
  • mudball
Reply


Messages In This Thread
English Comp 1 - Avoid Penn Foster - by rowan555 - 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM
RE: English Comp 1 - Avoid Penn Foster - by rowan555 - 05-23-2018, 05:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,404 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
  Anyone take already StC English 205 Composition? pluggingalong 0 1,169 08-08-2025, 07:41 AM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  SL English Composition 1 homeschoolmom1 1 1,315 08-06-2025, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com English Comp II Info MrBossmanJr 35 18,789 07-27-2025, 05:40 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  English 2 Mike25mg 2 1,187 07-13-2025, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com or Sophia or Straighterline for English Comp I VanillaBean 8 5,044 06-25-2025, 05:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Alternatives to English Composition 2 FungiTao 4 2,854 06-09-2025, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Straighterline English Comp II Armadillo1 4 3,614 03-09-2025, 11:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Composition I Sophia Touchstones homeschoolmom1 11 6,627 03-02-2025, 05:29 PM
Last Post: somethingdudesomething
  Sophia.org vs Study.com - English I & II bjcheung77 8 13,439 01-01-2025, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Harrynguyen

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)