Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!)
#32
(01-18-2019, 12:24 PM)Mil0 Wrote: I'd rather spend my time sorting out my FEMA credits and what, if any of those, I can use. I want to say I've got at least 30 credits, including the Emergency Management Institute Professional Development Series. You can definitely tell the times when I was stuck in a location where there wasn't much to do and the internet only worked well for certain things. No cell service + VPN that only seemed to work to connect to FEMA.gov + plenty of time to kill = FEMA IS courses completed!

I know about the ability to transfer them via FCC at $88 per credit but I wasn't sure if they would transfer to meet any requirements other than the 27 free elective credits that I need. The free elective credits would definitely be worth it and its not too bad at $88 per credit. Thoughts?

I'm going to go read through some of the threads on FEMA IS credits to see if I can find an up to date, accurate response on the FEMA credits since several of the big 3 contradict themselves with "less releases saying they'll accept them and the FAQs that say they won't.

FYI, TESU doesn't accept FEMA at all, Excelsior will accept FEMA via FCC, COSC will accept FEMA credits directly, but according to a recent student they only accept a few credits now. So you'd probably need to chat with the COSC folks if you want to submit a lot to see what they will accept.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) - by Merlin - 01-18-2019, 06:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,578 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,739 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 364 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 399 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,361 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,070 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,945 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 555 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 759 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 666 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)