Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!)
#93
I'm trying to figure out what courses I should do next. I had gone through to figure out which ones don't have writing assignments and prioritizing those as they're "easier" because I don't need to worry about trying to write papers when I've already got to do that with my job.

I was thinking about taking the computer science classes. The TEEX courses were ridiculously easy. I've been a sys admin since I was 13, so 25+ years now.

Business 109: Intro to Computing
Computer Science 102: Fundamentals of Information Technology
Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications
Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems
Computer Science 202: Network and System Security

I need 8 credits total for "D. UNDERSTANDING THE PHYSICAL & NATURAL WORLD (8cr)" and I figure the rest can go into my Gen ed and free electives. Is there any downside to doing these? I'm trying to get up to my 90 credits out of SDC because our of the 33 AOS credits that I need, I can only find an alternative for 3 of the credits (so only one course).

Sophia: The Essentials of Managing Conflict 1.00
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams 1.00
TEEX: Cybersecurity for IT Professionals 3.00
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone 4.00
TEEX: Cybersecurity for Business Professionals 3.00
The Institutes: Insurance Ethics 2.00
CSMLearn.com: The CSM Course 3.00
study.com: ENG 104: College Composition I 3.00
study.com: COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace 3.00
study.com: POLS 102: American Government 3.00
study.com: SOC 101: Intro to Sociology 3.00
study.com: History 108: History of the Vietnam War 3.00
study.com: Political Science: Intro to Political Science 3.00
study.com: POLS 103: Comparative Politics 3.00
study.com: COM 102: Interpersonal Communication 3.00
study.com: Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology 3.00
study.com: Psychology 104: Social Psychology 3.00

Up to 47! Hoping to make a decision on the course I listed above if I can get some input and be at 62 by the end of the week.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) - by Mil0 - 03-26-2019, 01:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,303 Yesterday, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,651 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 341 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 370 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,319 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,015 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,879 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 535 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 734 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 649 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)