Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!)
(04-13-2019, 02:03 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: No reason to do a two credit science course and then a one credit GE course - just do a three credit science course (which will be MUCH easier to find) and knock out both in one fell swoop. I personally enjoyed the OnlineDegree.com Astronomy course.

For free electives, I would just do some of the "basically free" courses, like OnlineDegree.com or Saylor, or better yet, CLEP if that is an option for you.
Does that count like that? I wasn’t sure if credits could count under more than one requirement or how that worked. I think I have one other single credit requirement but I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me.

(04-15-2019, 02:44 PM):angel:natshar Wrote: Wow! You really dedicated! Great work.

For the area of study electives for the homeland security do you check study.com they have a lot of options you might be able to use.  (victomology, white collar crime, criminal justice, etc.) See if you could use them even if the course number don't line up exactly.

look under the social science tab: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

Then email an advisor and see if it works. And I bet study.com's research in the social science would count for your degree ask an advisor.

That way you would only have to do from your area of study 15 credits at TESU. And by the way, TESU courses are 12 weeks long, so won't be able to finish them as quickly.
For the AOS Electives, there are from Study.com. I just need to decide which one I want to do out of these three. 
AOJ-110: White Collar Crime 3cr
SOC-239: Victimology 3cr
BUS 303: Management Info Systems 3cr

In the degree plan that an SDC advisor gave me, they had listed the TESU specific course which I assumed meant that I needed to take it at TESU. There was also the diversity requirement which specifically listed  SOC-322 Diversity: Cultural Diversity in the US As the required course for it. 

I basically will end up with 27 credits that I’ll need to take from TESU. That equals 9 courses. What would be considered a normal course load? 5 or 6? They’re all going to be from my AOS primarily.
TESU - BS in Homeland Security & Emergency Management (BS.HSEM) (In Progress) 
Started from scratch - 01/2019 - Completion - ??

Credits: 69/120
SDC: ENG-104, HIS-108, COM-102, COM-120, POLS-101, POLS-102, POLS-103, SOC-101, PSY-101, PSY-104, COMP-102, BUS-107, BUS-109 - 39cr
Sophia: Managing Conflict, Effective Teams, Student Success - 3cr
TEEX: Cyber 101, Cyber 201, Cyber 301, Basic Property Technician, Foundations of Fingerprint Comparison, Death Investigation - 19cr
Institutes: Ethics - 2cr
CSMLearn: The CSM Course - 3cr
ALEKS: College Algebra - 3cr
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) - by Mil0 - 04-16-2019, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 29 3,992 48 minutes ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,618 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 337 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 364 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,302 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,001 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,868 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 529 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 725 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 644 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)