05-23-2006, 12:57 PM
sirjake Wrote:One thing to note I did not need to have my FEMA credits go through Frederick Community College. I had FEMA send my transcript directly to Thomas Edison State College and they took the credits. Straight from FEMA. No community college middle man needed. I.e., no $60 per credit hour.
TESC is awesome in that regard. Unfortunately, the same doesn't apply to Excelsior. They require the FEMA credits to be transcripted by an RA College prior to accepting the credits.
If someone is only taking a few credits, FCC may be the best option at $60/credit. But if they intend to take a whole bunch, they should set up a credit bank at TESC. It costs $350 for up to 60 credits (I think) and new credits can continue to be added to the credit bank for up to one year.
My name is Rob
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.
Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.
Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)