Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Education Section of Job Resume
#1
Hey guys, so lately I've been desiring a more steady stream of income and that means sending out my resume. Obviously, I want employers to know that I'm pursuing a degree because I have zero college history and my current resume shows that. I haven't updated my signature in a while, but I've been collecting more credits and feel that I'm far enough along in the process to let employers know I'll be a degree-holder soon enough. 

Here's where the issue comes in: I'm not enrolled in TESU yet. I don't want to enroll quite yet because then my enrollment status will begin to expire and I still have my AoS courses to take, which might take more time than I originally estimated. I know that sometimes job applicants will have their degrees listed as "in progress" with the college they're attending. I'm not sure it'd be safe or honest for me to do that in this situation even though I know TESU will accept me in the future. Is there some way that it would be appropriate for me to include the progress I've made towards my degree? Or should I hold off until I'm actually enrolled, thus causing employers to assume I'm done with my educational career when I'm not? I just don't know if employers will understand the alternative credit situation. 

Also: I've never had a "certifications" section in my resume, but I recently became BLS certified and will include that. Do you guys think it would be worth throwing something in there about those TEEX cybersecurity certifications most of us earned? Perhaps maybe just one of them, so that employers feel comfortable with me working on their computer systems? I don't know, I'm not certified in anything else and I feel like I need filler. I've pretty much been self-employed the past couple years and it's been a great opportunity but it's left my resume sad and neglected looking, so anything I can add to it will help.

Let me know what you guys think. If you have any ideas on what kind of stuff would help dress up a resume, feel free to share that as well. Thanks!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Education Section of Job Resume - by katelynn - 05-06-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by Ideas - 05-07-2019, 02:06 AM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by dfrecore - 05-07-2019, 09:31 AM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by Ideas - 05-07-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by davewill - 05-07-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by katelynn - 05-07-2019, 12:34 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by davewill - 05-07-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by Ideas - 05-07-2019, 06:00 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by katelynn - 05-07-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by Muldoon - 05-17-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by davewill - 05-17-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: Education Section of Job Resume - by dfrecore - 05-17-2019, 11:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our education system is worse than people know sanantone 19 4,187 04-27-2026, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Thoughts on this op-ed in Chronicle of Higher Education? EliEverIsAHero 6 2,732 04-12-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: EliEverIsAHero
  Education-Related Resolutions? wow 10 3,636 01-08-2026, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Leveraging German citizenship for Education/Career EliEverIsAHero 3 1,385 01-03-2026, 04:59 PM
Last Post: wow
  Black Friday 2025: Education Deals! housecat 6 4,238 12-01-2025, 10:15 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Department of Education gone? GoBroncos95 27 16,379 04-09-2025, 04:21 AM
Last Post: Haddep
  AI Outline - Education Textbook bjcheung77 1 2,616 10-08-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Vent: 1-byte people in education berlinerd 3 2,119 11-17-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Immigration and education level Personherebb9 7 3,298 10-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Resume Question ROYISAGIRL 11 4,019 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jsd

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)