Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!)
(06-24-2019, 02:13 PM)Mil0 Wrote: Just an update and a word of advice to anyone else.

Don't take a break if you don't have truly need to take one. I am finding it nearly impossible to get motivated. I still can't believe that I completed 66 credits in ~2 months. I could have been done by now (aside from the final credits I need from TESU). I know that it would have been a nightmare if I had kept taking classes but I should have just done the minimum 2 per month at SDC during that time.

Now it feels like I'm starting from the beginning where I didn't know where to start! I had paused my SDC membership in April and went to extend it again recently and found that it's already maxed out. I believe you can only pause it for 90 days at a time. It will start again in July, otherwise I'll have to cancel it.

I'm going to start back with the TEEX Death Investigation course, hopefully today, and then be back in the swing of things come July.

I wanted to say thank you, again, to everyone here for their words of wisdom and encouragement. I couldn't have gotten this far without you all.

I don't think this is good advice for everyone.  I took breaks because I just didn't have the money to continue.  I also took breaks when life got in the way, and I couldn't concentrate on schoolwork.  I took breaks when my kids had summer vacation, because I wanted to spend more time with them.  There are lots of good reasons to take breaks.  I sometimes found that after a nice break, I was recharged and refreshed and ready to start again with renewed enthusiasm.  That's the nice thing about doing college this way - you get to fit it into your life instead of the other way around (and being chained to a particular school's academic calendar).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) - by dfrecore - 06-24-2019, 05:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,225 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Survey: Majority of Americans Say College Not Affordable LevelUP 15 1,641 09-25-2026, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  College costs top $100,000 at 15 schools LevelUP 0 337 08-21-2026, 01:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 365 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,312 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 12 7,008 07-22-2026, 03:25 PM
Last Post: tomicavols
  College Students Are Testing at the Level of 10-Year-Olds LevelUP 8 1,871 07-08-2026, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 530 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Over 41 Million Adults Say They Want To Enroll In College, But Will They? LevelUP 2 726 06-12-2026, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 647 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)