Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
109 credits in 10 months
#2
(10-23-2019, 08:05 PM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: I haven't been here much since I originally popped in and asked a pile of questions about degree paths- but, I thought I would stop in and say that I finally finished my BS in Accounting from WGU. It's been an utterly grueling 10 months, I worked full time up until a week ago. I quit last week when my boss decided to start requiring 55 hours per week and I was freaking out that I wouldn't be able to finish my capstone on time. (It was a call center, sales job) So, I did have a week off from work to do my capstone, but the rest was done with a full time job and family obligations. I did one term at WGU, but, got a 4 week extension to finish my capstone. 

I took some CLEP, some Straighterline and then the rest through WGU. You can see the breakdown in my signature. My brick and mortar college credits were from years ago, but, everything else was since December of last year. 

I'm not completely sure that a college degree will actually help me out all that much unless I relocate- I've applied to hundreds of jobs over the last several months. Actually went in for an interview for an inventory manager position today and was offered a part time cashier job at $9 an hour. But, I digress. lol I will say that I am getting a lot more interviews now, most of them are just rubbishy bait and switch where I'm supposed to be interviewing for a management role or clerk role and then it turns into a $9 an hour secretary offer, but, I am getting a lot more interviews. So, should be able to land something decent eventually. 

Just thought I'd share in the event that someone else wanted to attempt. Doing the bulk of an accounting degree in one term was definitely a lot. I had no experience in accounting, but, my time spent in lower level retail management did come in handy for some of the general business courses. I'm thrilled to be done, but, I'll be starting the masters in accounting at WGU in December, also with the goal of being finished in one term.

Congratulations,  Very impressive.  Are you planning to take the CPA exam?   Recommend WGU?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-23-2019, 08:05 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by rquesenberry - 10-23-2019, 08:47 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-23-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Leedeedee - 10-27-2019, 10:17 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by akr680 - 10-24-2019, 12:38 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by dfrecore - 10-24-2019, 01:30 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-24-2019, 09:03 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by lacussucceed - 10-24-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-24-2019, 09:31 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by lacussucceed - 10-24-2019, 03:00 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Merlin - 10-24-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by InsomniacCat - 10-24-2019, 09:16 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by dfrecore - 10-24-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-24-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by davewill - 10-25-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-25-2019, 10:03 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Kartvelian - 10-25-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by allvia - 10-25-2019, 01:10 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-25-2019, 08:05 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by sanantone - 10-25-2019, 10:25 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by davewill - 10-25-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-25-2019, 11:03 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by sanantone - 10-25-2019, 11:28 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-25-2019, 11:43 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by sanantone - 10-25-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-25-2019, 12:05 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by sanantone - 10-25-2019, 12:14 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by HogwartsSchool - 10-26-2019, 06:07 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by dfrecore - 10-27-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by HogwartsSchool - 10-27-2019, 03:32 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by cookderosa - 10-27-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-28-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by dfrecore - 10-28-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-28-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by SweetsugarNL - 10-27-2019, 07:28 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by udi - 10-28-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 10-28-2019, 12:25 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Supermind - 10-29-2019, 04:19 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Rustydroid - 11-16-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by allvia - 11-26-2019, 08:59 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 11-26-2019, 09:11 AM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by SweetsugarNL - 12-18-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: 109 credits in 10 months - by Jenniferinfl - 02-24-2020, 09:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,689 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  1098-T & tuition tax deductions/credits wow 2 1,032 04-09-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: wow
  How does OTHM, QUALIFI & ATHE Credits appear in Transcript ZenD 3 1,464 02-05-2026, 10:34 AM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654
  Graduate Political Science Credits TINASAM 8 2,147 01-31-2026, 09:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Looking for cheap RA credits bjcheung77 3 1,548 12-29-2025, 01:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How do ECTS credits map to a US degree? EstBob72 4 2,329 12-23-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEEX FEMA Cybersecurity Ace Credits Student0fLif3 6 2,282 08-25-2025, 01:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 97 42,771 07-30-2025, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  another way to possibly earn college credits krush 4 4,342 03-19-2025, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Way to Get a U.S. Degree? International Credits & Alternative Options DragonDF 8 7,182 02-09-2025, 02:21 PM
Last Post: DragonDF

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)