11-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Could I skip a lot of classes at WGU for a Cybersecurity degree by getting the known certs? For example, they have a list of certs their classes prepare your for, could I just get those certs and then be able to skip the classes if I went to WGU? I ask because I don't know how long it would take me to prepare for a cert test, and I would rather take them at my pace, and not be paying WGU monthly while I was preparing for it.
If I got all the certs in advance, and then went to StraigherLine/Study.com/etc, I could probably eliminate most of the classes before I joined WGU. It usually takes me 3x as long to prepare for a cert as is the expected time, but I usually get a 95+ on the test. I know some people take these in a week and are happy with any passing grade, but I do things the way I do them for better or worse.
Could I just get these certs before WGU and skip the classes?
https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cy...ogram.html
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Associate of (ISC)² designation
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – Associate of (ISC)² designation
Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
Certified Internet Webmaster – Site Development Associate (CIW-SDA)
Certified Internet Webmaster – Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA)
A+ (CompTIA)
Network+ (CompTIA)
Security+ (CompTIA)
Project+ (CompTIA)
IT Operations Specialist (CompTIA)
Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CompTIA)
ITIL1 Foundation
If I got all the certs in advance, and then went to StraigherLine/Study.com/etc, I could probably eliminate most of the classes before I joined WGU. It usually takes me 3x as long to prepare for a cert as is the expected time, but I usually get a 95+ on the test. I know some people take these in a week and are happy with any passing grade, but I do things the way I do them for better or worse.
Could I just get these certs before WGU and skip the classes?
https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cy...ogram.html
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – Associate of (ISC)² designation
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – Associate of (ISC)² designation
Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH)
Certified Internet Webmaster – Site Development Associate (CIW-SDA)
Certified Internet Webmaster – Web Security Associate (CIW-WSA)
A+ (CompTIA)
Network+ (CompTIA)
Security+ (CompTIA)
Project+ (CompTIA)
IT Operations Specialist (CompTIA)
Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CompTIA)
ITIL1 Foundation


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)