11-25-2019, 01:02 AM
(11-13-2019, 10:35 AM)Walden is really only $1800 a term for early childhood Ed? Wrote:(11-13-2019, 01:06 AM)dfrecore Wrote:(11-12-2019, 08:26 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I don't think that there is enough info. yet to say that this is or is not "legitimate." I have taught and taken enough economics classes to question this groupon from an opportunity cost basis. A WGU MBA is not that much more expensive and it is very definitely legitimate. Given the time that it would take to complete this groupon, it might be best to dedicate the time to the WGU degree regardless of the cost in this offer.
A WGU MBA is a LOT more than $300 - at least 10x the cost. I'm going to say that a $300 degree of any kind (AA, BA or MA) is a hoax (and for anyone who says the BOG AAS was less, the courses for the degree cost someone more than $300, even if you weren't the person paying for it either through work, Modern States, pell grants, etc. Someone, possibly tax payers, an employer, or a non-profit, paid the cost of the course or exam).
Okay, so I have been thinking about this. We already have a basic $3600 masters. It's the Walden early childhood masters. It is $1800 per semester. The WGU MBA is similar. So, basically, for under $4,000 these companies probably make some money even with paying the professors who provide lots of input within the programs. Nations University costs $1800 per year for a pretty much completely online degree with volunteer professors.
This appears to be a completely online Moodle-based program. It appears to be several years old. It is pretty much a certainty that there is pretty much no actual teaching going on. However, I could foresee a situation in which a completely online program that started several years ago with good intentions at $8,000 now has a day-old-bread price of $300 to $500 on Groupon. I am sure that it is terrible. This is probably just a little bit of cost recovery for a failed program. At least, that's my theory.
Denise
MBA - California Coast University - Will complete by 9/30/26
MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977
Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun. Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior. And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.
MBA - California Coast University - Will complete by 9/30/26
MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977
Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun. Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior. And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)