(03-18-2020, 09:16 AM)bluebooger Wrote:(03-09-2020, 06:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It won't really matter to degree seekers where they get the degree as long as it has country respective accreditation that also has US equivalency recognition
what does this mean exactly and how can I check it ?
I understand regional and national accreditation in the US, but what is "US equivalency recognition" for Liverpool John Moores University
and even though online degrees are becoming accepted it still seems really weird to me for someone living in New York City to get a degree from England
According to this page, LJMU received their royal charter in 1992. I believe this is the UK equivalent of regional/national accreditation.
https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us/about-li...olytechnic
Also, most of their IT programs are accredited by the British Computer Society, which could be the equivalent of RA + ABET.
I can't say much about the weirdness, but it depends on for what purpose one is trying to use this degree. IMO In the field of IT no one cares about the school, if it's not Ivy. and in the academic world, an academic evaluation is all needed, and I am hopeful WES et al will evaluate these degrees as equivalent to a US RA degree.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)