04-20-2020, 01:36 PM
That's correct, generally, the MOOC courses alone are for self-study and not for credit (people can use these for PLA/portfolio credit though).
However, that being said, I mentioned the MOOCs provided by or in co-operation with a recognized university. For example, the GT OMSCS you're looking to get into is actually a MOOC program provided in partnership with Udacity.
Hence my answer to you pointing out to the major 5 players... And this is especially true if you're NOT in the USA, you can get them from partners all over the world, Australia, US, UK, etc. You need a backup option just in case GT OMSCS doesn't accept you...
Again, coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity, and upgrad are the 5 I'm referring to, do a search with google about their degree programs available, the majority of them are going to be in CS/IT or Business such as the MBA. I've written about them several times...
However, that being said, I mentioned the MOOCs provided by or in co-operation with a recognized university. For example, the GT OMSCS you're looking to get into is actually a MOOC program provided in partnership with Udacity.
Hence my answer to you pointing out to the major 5 players... And this is especially true if you're NOT in the USA, you can get them from partners all over the world, Australia, US, UK, etc. You need a backup option just in case GT OMSCS doesn't accept you...
Again, coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity, and upgrad are the 5 I'm referring to, do a search with google about their degree programs available, the majority of them are going to be in CS/IT or Business such as the MBA. I've written about them several times...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)