05-14-2020, 01:42 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 01:43 AM by Jonathan Whatley.)
(05-14-2020, 01:00 AM)muu9 Wrote: As for Biology:
I can use AP biology credit + some advanced biology courses/biology GRE to prove I understand the material (for less selective schools). Or:
https://www.doane.edu/open-learning/courses/biology-i
https://www.doane.edu/open-learning/courses/biology-ii
https://online.une.edu/science-prerequis...biology-i/
https://online.une.edu/science-prerequis...iology-ii/
Or my local CC.
Consider the bio sequence with labs attached to the sequence an enforced and fairly specific prerequisite. AP won't do it, bio GRE won't do it, and most UL bio courses wouldn't match closely enough what med schools are looking for in this domain. (An 8 sh sequence in human A&P generally would match, I think.)
Quote:Later on in my career, I would like to give back by leading health initiatives in my parent's country. When was the last time you heard of an NP creating or leading major public health initiatives? Building a hospital? Doing impactful research in scalable medicine?
The most respected global health organization among the people I know in health and medicine, easy, is Partners In Health. Partners In Health has 18,000 employees and delivers health care to eight million people a year. They build hospitals in lower-income countries but they do so much more, large-scale and long-range health care delivery, policy, research, and education work across the world. For years, every time I order through Amazon, I've used an Amazon Smile link to give Partners In Health a small donation.
Partners In Health's CEO is a nurse, promoted to CEO from the combined roles of Chief of Clinical Operations and Chief Nursing Officer:
Quote:Dr. Davis holds a doctorate in nursing and has a long history of serving the poor and marginalized […]
After joining the organization in 2010, Dr. Davis was instrumental in the planning and opening of Hôpital Universitaire de Mirebalais, a 300-bed teaching hospital in Haiti. When PIH entered West Africa to help address the Ebola epidemic, Dr. Davis, then Chief Nursing Officer and a member of the executive leadership team, led the organization’s Ebola response.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)