Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for help developing a roadmap to a medical school-friendly degree
#15
(05-14-2020, 01:00 AM)muu9 Wrote: Later on in my career, I would like to give back by leading health initiatives in my parent's country. When was the last time you heard of an NP creating or leading major public health initiatives? Building a hospital? Doing impactful research in scalable medicine?
I agree with you about medical schools' conservativeness when it comes to this stuff- but what I think might hurt my application even more than my educational provenance would be a lack of extracurricular activities, research, and good LoRs. Luckily, I can get 2 of the three at a post-bacc.

I just looked more into post bacc's, and I feel like they could be just what I need.

Anyways, ignoring for now the tricky question of clinical requirements and the audacity of this whole idea, can anyone recommend a roadmap for any non-professional degree programs at either COSC(preferable) or TESU? The ones on the wiki seem to be either outdated or non-functional.a

I would go with a post bacc program as this will open more doors in terms of your admission. Yes you can go to DO, which is the route I might go myself, but that doesn't mean it's easier.

As for your comment about nurses, well...I just have to say you might not know what you're talking about there. But you can do a google search for yourself.

(05-14-2020, 01:46 AM)MSK9 Wrote: If you want to be a doctor, go forth and become a doctor. Don't let anyone discourage you, least of all the pre-med cult over at SDN. Do whatever is necessary and do not take "no" for an answer.

I went through indigoshuffle's post and numbered/responded to each point, @muu9. I also bumped my roadmap thread in the graduate section for your viewing pleasure. Please turn private messaging on and shoot me another one once you have.

Hey MSK9!! Have you decided to go to St. George? You are definitely an inspiration on these forums... to me at least.
And yes, STAY OFF OF SDN. It's mostly a waste of time.

I'm hoping the COVID thing will help medical school admission boards see online courses and alternate credits in a different light.
[-] The following 1 user Likes indigoshuffle's post:
  • MSK9
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for help developing a roadmap to a medical school-friendly degree - by indigoshuffle - 05-14-2020, 02:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Options for completing a Master's degree in Education? amos316 5 891 10-02-2026, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Help with choosing Statistics degree Pilotpivot3 8 3,442 09-26-2026, 12:32 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Undergraduate Electrical Engineering degree online cheeseberserk 21 11,253 09-26-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Business degree advice please - currently in progress thanks4help 0 301 09-13-2026, 08:48 PM
Last Post: thanks4help
  Should we consider London School & Management & Technology (LSMT) DBA? aaronkwok2 4 8,130 08-30-2026, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Credit recognition for EU Bachelor’s degree: looking for flexible online Master’s pat acajka 6 1,519 07-08-2026, 08:19 AM
Last Post: soba
  Degree eval query joebloggs 1 675 06-24-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Pre- rec for nursing degree planning LadySearchDog 7 2,551 06-02-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: myriam555
Sad I'm in Degree Hell sal1820 17 4,758 05-31-2026, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Maltus
Heart First US degree, need help. PrinceCharlesLevin 16 2,637 05-01-2026, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)